Internet only kiosk

samuel

I want to build a Internet access only kiosk based on Windows XP, any handy
way to build it?
like any template?

Thank you for attention.

How to Use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154780&Product=ie600

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com> wrote in message:

|I want to build a Internet access only kiosk based on Windows XP, any handy
| way to build it?
| like any template?
|
| Thank you for attention.

samuel

however, this machine is for public user, it may be odd if the "address bar"
is missing.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> How to Use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154780&Product=ie600

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

-------------------

> "Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com> wrote in message:
>
> |I want to build a Internet access only kiosk based on Windows XP, any
handy
> | way to build it?
> | like any template?
> |
> | Thank you for attention.

Then why the f*** don't you explain what you want? From
your original post, it could be a carpenter you're
looking for.

Mike

Splendid

There is a search facility in MSN, Yahoo and other home pages.. the address
bar is not necessary..

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:13:28 +0800, "Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>however, this machine is for public user, it may be odd if the "address bar"
>is missing.

This project obviously is something that is not quite standard, so you
might have to start inventing some work-arounds.

I suggest for the "Address Bar" you could make the starting page a
default page of your own creation. Make a frameset with the top frame
just high enough to fit a small table with a simple form. The form
would be a text box and a single "Go" button. You shouldn't even need
server-side processing. Just make the action for the Go button the
launching of the text in the form, into the lower frame.

I think this should probably work if you read a bit on how to
accomplish it using Form in html.

HTH

>"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> How to Use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer
>>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;154780&Product=ie600
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>>
>> Be Smart! Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

>-------------------
>>
>> "Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com> wrote in message:
>>
>> |I want to build a Internet access only kiosk based on Windows XP, any
>handy
>> | way to build it?
>> | like any template?
>> |
>> | Thank you for attention.

---Atreju---

| "Samuel" <hi@yahoo.com>
| wrote in message news:OLmh1fFcEHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
| I want to build a Internet access only kiosk based on Windows
| XP, any handy way to build it? like any template?

The IntelliMirror Scenarios.msi includes a Kiosk Scenario.
For more information, see:

Implementing Common Desktop Management Scenarios
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/management/grouppolicy.asp

And here are some links to some documentation about
Registry-Based Group Policy:

Microsoft Windows XP - Resources about Group Policy and
related technologies
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gpe_resources.mspx

Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Server 2003
(PolicySettings.xls)
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7821C32F-DA15-438D-8E48-45915CD2BC14&displaylang=en

PolicySettings.xls is a detailed spreadsheet that lists the full
set of Group Policy settings described in Administrative Template
(.adm) files. Fields included in the spreadsheet are: *.adm
File, Computer/User Node, Policy Path, Full Policy Name,
Supported on, Help/Explain Text, Registry Settings.

And if you have any questions about Group Policy you will find
the Group Policy experts in the following newsgroup:

Windows: Group Policy
microsoft.public.windows.group_policy

The following page has links you can click to access the
newsgroup with your Web browser, or with a Network News
Transfer Protocol (NNTP)-based newsreader such as Outlook
Express.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Management Technologies Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/newsgroups/management/default.mspx