I'm very confused by this

Deminos

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Well I was looking at benchmarks for such games as Metro 2033 and Crysis1/warhead to pick up a new card when I noticed something peculiar. The peculiar thing was how my 5770 was rated vs these games on ultra settings. It was getting rated at around 20 fps on crysis warhead and 40 or so in crysis, which for me isn't right, i'm getting WAY more. In crysis its ultra settings at 1400x900 settings at fps max and 40 min in some larger skirmishes and around 40-50 in warhead with the lowest drop to 25-30, and I have no idea why this would be, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Amd phenom 2 x4 955 BE 3.4 ghz oc

8gb ddr3 1333 dual channel ram 9-9-9-24

HIS 5770 1gb ddr5 920mhz OC 1350mhz oc

The only thing that I could think of is the overclock is helping and the res otherwise it doesn't make sense unless fraps is liying and its running at just a high enough fps that I'm not noticing it.

I plan on re installing them both to screen cap this since I just reformatted everything.

did you have the exact setting as the reviewer? try to match the exact in game setting being used and run the game with stock frequencies of the card because i believe you're looking at the bench that use stock frequencies. you might also want to use the same driver being used for the test as well