Spray Painting PSU Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

skorpien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hi all,

I hope I'm not committing some grave newbie mistake here, but I was wondering if spray painting my PSU wires was a good alternative to sleeving.

I have a Corsair AX1200 that I was going to be sleeving with green and orange UV sleeving and I got to thinking whether there's an easier/cleaner way to go about it. I came across a Hack N Mod tutorial about using yard marking paint on wires, but it was a short tutorial and the long term effects weren't really listed.

Some users who've done this mod claim that the paint cracks and flakes from the wires, so I started looking at spray paints that were made for plastics. I've come across Rust-Oleum and Krylon fluorescent spray paints. Does anyone have any experience with either or know for sure if they will or won't crack and flake from the wires?

If there is no alternative, I guess I'm stuck with sleeving. I just thought I'd research this a bit to see if I can get a bit of a less bulky appearance inside my case.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yup, cracking is an issue I've hit more than once, not so bad if the wires are never going to be moved, big problem if they are

have you though about wrapping either electrical or fabric tape on them?
I have a build log or two if you wanted ideas for management too
Moto
Yup, cracking is an issue I've hit more than once, not so bad if the wires are never going to be moved, big problem if they are

have you though about wrapping either electrical or fabric tape on them?
I have a build log or two if you wanted ideas for management too
Moto

Solution

skorpien

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hmm... Electrical or fabric tape... Those are both great alternatives, thanks! I've more research to do it seems :)

[strike]I'd love to look at your build logs. If you don't mind me asking, would you be able to link them or is there another way I can get to them?[/strike]
edit: scratch that, you're faster than my typing...

Btw, that has got to be the fastest helpful response I've yet to receive on a forum. Thank you for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.