dt background...this may sound silly...

But since I have to live with it so many hours each day... I love the look of the azul background when I attempt to "turn off computer" (or restart, whatever)... it "goes grey" to a degree. Is there any way to keep that look 24/7? Thanks to anyone who would let me know. Yeah, yeah, I know, dumb obsession. But it would sure add to work serenity!! Thank you!! You can respond directly to private@hhelements.com if you like.
3 answers Last reply
More about background this sound silly

    On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:32:01 -0700, lallie@hhelements.com wrote:

    > But since I have to live with it so many hours each day... I love the
    > look of the azul background when I attempt to "turn off computer" (or
    > restart, whatever)... it "goes grey" to a degree. Is there any way to
    > keep that look 24/7? Thanks to anyone who would let me know. Yeah, yeah,
    > I know, dumb obsession. But it would sure add to work serenity!! Thank
    > you!! You can respond directly to private@hhelements.com if you like.

    Suggestion: Create a copy of the file. Open the copy in a graphics program.
    Use the tools in the graphics program to adjust the colors until you get
    the degree of black/white that you want. Save the changes to the file copy.
    Then set it up in Display> Desktop as your everyday wallpaper.

    Since you worked on and are using a copy of the original file, you will
    still have the original image available - to use "as is" or to copy and
    edit in another fashion.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    with genuine addresses in your newsgroup posts you are sure to be getting
    lot's of 'fan-mail' shortly.

    As to your problem, without really knowing this for sure, it's MS helpful
    way (graphical feedback if you like) to let you know you are 'shutting
    things down' (even if it's only for a short while during restart).
    Kind'o like in everyday life. When you yourself 'shutdown' for the night you
    also turn off the lights, don't you? (I guess)

    :-))

    "lallie@hhelements.com" <lallie@hhelements.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:EBE09E0C-08A6-4A17-BEBD-AC5F3951944D@microsoft.com...
    > But since I have to live with it so many hours each day... I love the look
    of the azul background when I attempt to "turn off computer" (or restart,
    whatever)... it "goes grey" to a degree. Is there any way to keep that look
    24/7? Thanks to anyone who would let me know. Yeah, yeah, I know, dumb
    obsession. But it would sure add to work serenity!! Thank you!! You can
    respond directly to private@hhelements.com if you like.

    Hi,

    You may apply the wallpaper on your desktop normally as you do. To apply this wallpaper as the
    default wallpaper (so that it appears before you log-on to the machine), fire up the registry editor
    (Start/Run REGEDIT) and navigate to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop and on the right pane,
    double click on the string value called 'Wallpaper' and type in the exact path to the desired
    wallpaper (in your case it would be C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Azul.jpg assuming that windows is
    installed on C: drive) Click ok and exit registry editor. Restart your machine to see the change.

    I think this would make the wallpaper appear 24/7

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations