Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Nvidia gtx 560ti vs ati 6950 on dx11 tesslation performance

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 27, 2011 2:03:00 PM

but the ati 6950 specs are much higher than gtx560ti and a 6950 can be unlocked to a 6970 how come a gtx560ti can beat 6950..
Related resources
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 80 Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 2:09:01 PM

Their architectures are completely different. You can't compare spec's from 1 to the other. They are close, as was said, and if you want to see how the 6950 works when unlocked, look at the 6970 scores, which I believe were higher.
a c 124 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 2:16:37 PM

vishalaestro said:
but the ati 6950 specs are much higher than gtx560ti and a 6950 can be unlocked to a 6970 how come a gtx560ti can beat 6950..

The 6950 performs better with just about every other game, but with the DX11 and Crysis 2, this is not the case.
a c 124 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 2:17:26 PM

bystander said:
Their architectures are completely different. You can't compare spec's from 1 to the other. They are close, as was said, and if you want to see how the 6950 works when unlocked, look at the 6970 scores, which I believe were higher.

Are these cards still all unlockable? I thought they were cracking down on that?
July 27, 2011 2:21:45 PM

yes one of friend was having a powercolor 6950 he unlocked to a 6970 i can see it visually in specs ..so for dx11 gtx 560ti is best right than a 6950
July 27, 2011 2:25:22 PM

bystander said:
Their architectures are completely different. You can't compare spec's from 1 to the other. They are close, as was said, and if you want to see how the 6950 works when unlocked, look at the 6970 scores, which I believe were higher.

i posted an other thread with some of my specs but now i paste it here
1st specifications
processor..intel i5 2500k
motherboard...asrock p67 extreme4 or msi p67a-gd65
ram....Corsair vengeance 4gb 1600mhz ddr3
graphic card...msi gtx 560ti (i will sli my card after 1 or 2 years if needed)
power supply..corsair 700w psu
cpu cooler...coler master hyper 212plus cooler
cabinet..cooler master elite 430

2nd specifications
processor..intel i5 2500
motherboard..intel dh67vr or asrock H67M-GE/HT
ram..corsair ddr3 2x4 gb(8gb) 1333mhz
graphic card..msi gtx 570
power supply..corsair 700w psu
cabinet...cooler master elite 430

my monitor resolution is 1080p res..so i want to play all games at this res with physx enabled and maxed out at all settings..pls say which is best among these..dont say p67 with gtx 570 because i dont have enough money to buy a p67 motherboard if i buy a gtx 570 i also wanted to buy a cpu cooler if i buy a p67 chipset to overclock my cpu..just say which is best among these gaming rigs..
July 27, 2011 2:34:46 PM

ubercake said:
Are these cards still all unlockable? I thought they were cracking down on that?


Yeah most cards are locked now, might be a few out there that can be unlocked.. Like people said you cannot compare an ati to nvidia, all you can do is look at benchmarks. From your builds I would go with the 2500k. Unless I am mistaken the h67 boards can not sli which leaves you at a dead upgrade and no overclocking which can be helpful in the future.
July 27, 2011 3:09:54 PM

which u are suggesting 1st or 2nd
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2011 3:52:53 PM

vishalaestro said:
but the ati 6950 specs are much higher than gtx560ti and a 6950 can be unlocked to a 6970 how come a gtx560ti can beat 6950..

He did ask for 1080p. the webpage we were directed to was 1280x resolution. If you go to the next page and look at the 1980 (1080p) resolution. the 6950 does actually beat the 560ti
July 27, 2011 4:22:21 PM

vishalaestro said:
which u are suggesting 1st or 2nd


Read my post, I said the 2500k. Which is the 1st one if you missed it. With the h67 and 570 you are stuck like that until you get a new board and cpu. With the p67 and 560 you can sli later on with the option to overclock your cpu which is pretty much a free performance increase..
a c 124 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 4:26:22 PM

Get Option 1 with the MSI P67 board. It's always good to have the SLI option available.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a c 80 Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 6:59:28 PM

vishalaestro said:
yes one of friend was having a powercolor 6950 he unlocked to a 6970 i can see it visually in specs ..so for dx11 gtx 560ti is best right than a 6950


You are making a rather large generalization based on one benchmark. There is some variance from game to game. In any case, they are similar.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 7:17:27 PM

vishalaestro said:
i posted an other thread with some of my specs but now i paste it here
1st specifications
processor..intel i5 2500k
motherboard...asrock p67 extreme4 or msi p67a-gd65
ram....Corsair vengeance 4gb 1600mhz ddr3
graphic card...msi gtx 560ti (i will sli my card after 1 or 2 years if needed)
power supply..corsair 700w psu
cpu cooler...coler master hyper 212plus cooler
cabinet..cooler master elite 430

2nd specifications
processor..intel i5 2500
motherboard..intel dh67vr or asrock H67M-GE/HT
ram..corsair ddr3 2x4 gb(8gb) 1333mhz
graphic card..msi gtx 570
power supply..corsair 700w psu
cabinet...cooler master elite 430

my monitor resolution is 1080p res..so i want to play all games at this res with physx enabled and maxed out at all settings..pls say which is best among these..dont say p67 with gtx 570 because i dont have enough money to buy a p67 motherboard if i buy a gtx 570 i also wanted to buy a cpu cooler if i buy a p67 chipset to overclock my cpu..just say which is best among these gaming rigs..

I thought you said your Corsair HX750 had just died? :heink:  I'm starting to think that you are just trolling for attention as you keep posting the same or similar questions regardless of how many times you get the same answers.
July 27, 2011 7:24:41 PM

pls dont say anything before u find the fact..this is not for me right im currently having a cpu..i gave my corsair psu for replacement yesterday and they said that it will take atleast 20 days to get a new one..the specs i mentioned above for one of my friend im just confused what to choose ..if u have any idea pls do write it but dont hurt me by saying these words right..im the first one who brought a gaming rig in my area and my friends who were using a core2duo and dual core systems came to me and asked for the same system specs as they also mind about cost i posted my rig and an another rig to get some ideas not just time pass right ..pls do understand this dear mouse monkey..
July 27, 2011 7:27:37 PM

Mousemonkey said:
I thought you said your Corsair HX750 had just died? :heink:  I'm starting to think that you are just trolling for attention as you keep posting the same or similar questions regardless of how many times you get the same answers.
and one more is still the flashing of bios in ati 6950 is possible ..because rather than a gtx 570 which is much more costlier ..i will suggest a 6950 and unlock it..i saw some threads that we can unlock but they were older threads ..i want to know whether today if i buy a 6950 can flash it to 6970..
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 7:34:29 PM

vishalaestro said:
pls dont say anything before u find the fact..this is not for me right im currently having a cpu..i gave my corsair psu for replacement yesterday and they said that it will take atleast 20 days to get a new one..the specs i mentioned above for one of my friend im just confused what to choose ..if u have any idea pls do write it but dont hurt me by saying these words right..im the first one who brought a gaming rig in my area and my friends who were using a core2duo and dual core systems came to me and asked for the same system specs as they also mind about cost i posted my rig and an another rig to get some ideas not just time pass right ..pls do understand this dear mouse monkey..

The fact that you have started a shedload of threads which are all pretty much the same and regardless of the answers you get you start another thread with the same question and subject matter, so yes, I'm starting to think of you as a troll and am seriously considering swinging the ban hammer and deleting all of your 'same question' threads.
July 27, 2011 7:38:35 PM

ok..sorry this will be my final question about these rigs ..pls dont ban me i gain a lot of knowledge through this website..apologise pls pls... we are in a same forum so pls dont build up a vengeance between us, u are a expert so pls be kind to me..

Best solution

a c 124 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 7:42:38 PM
Share

vishalaestro said:
and one more is still the flashing of bios in ati 6950 is possible ..because rather than a gtx 570 which is much more costlier ..i will suggest a 6950 and unlock it..i saw some threads that we can unlock but they were older threads ..i want to know whether today if i buy a 6950 can flash it to 6970..

The unlock capability is becoming more and more of a thing of the past with the 6950s. So there's no guarantee.

The manufacturers appreciate the extra $70 from a 6970 sale.
July 27, 2011 7:44:54 PM

Best answer selected by vishalaestro.
a c 271 U Graphics card
a c 168 Î Nvidia
July 27, 2011 7:48:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!