Sign in with
Your question

DH55TC Problems

Last response: in Motherboards
October 16, 2012 12:57:28 AM

Greetings,

I am currently having a problem with my mother board. The problem is my mother board LEDS turns on, but it doesn't boot. As in the computer doesn't turn on, but the LED does power on. Although it's possible that I probably have plugged in the connectors wrong if not then it's probably the motherboard itself.

So my connectors are as follow:
2x:
+5V
Data +
Data -
Gnd

1x:
HARD DRIVE LED
POWER LED: +/-
RESET SWITCH
POWERSWITCH

I feel like that the power buttons may be missing powers, but am I doing something wrong here? Thank You for helping!

More about : dh55tc problems

a c 435 V Motherboard
October 16, 2012 1:08:51 AM

Reinstall the ram and the 24 pin atx connector. Unseated ram is a common mistake. I listen for two clicks as the side clips lock down.
m
l
October 16, 2012 1:18:30 AM

o1die said:
Reinstall the ram and the 24 pin atx connector. Unseated ram is a common mistake. I listen for two clicks as the side clips lock down.

But what about the other 2 connectors as in the ones that I mentioned with +5V, D+/D-. GND? By the way I did try that, but it still doesn't turn on. Although the front panel has a +5 V. So far I do not have anything there. Is it possible the connectors are missing power?

Edit:
Will be a bit more specific:
It all started that I wanted to clean up my PC. So I have open my PC detach the wires and I started to remove the hard disk and disk drive. After that I started to clean, but my hand has bumped into one of those battery thing on the motherboard (vertical cylinder object). So..not only that I bumped into one of those battery, but I also forgot the correct order on how to put the connectors for the PLED,Reset switch, Power Button, Hard Disk Led. So I connected all the connectors except for the 2x (5V+, D-/D+, GND) connectors that I mentioned in my first post.

But my main concern is do I need to plug those 2x connnectors anywhere? And is it possible that I could have harm or either cause some sort of malfunctioning when my hand has bumped into one of those cylinder objects on the motherboard?

Keep in mind that my motherboard do have the green LED when I turn the switch of my PSU.
m
l
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 16, 2012 1:59:36 AM

Any fans turning when you press the power switch? I pull off all the case leads to the board and use a plain screwdriver to power up when I'm not sure of the power switch pins. Just move it around the pin cluster until it powers up. Works everytime. Those cylinder objects are capacitors, and you won't hurt anything by bumping one.
m
l
October 16, 2012 2:38:50 AM

o1die said:
Any fans turning when you press the power switch? I pull off all the case leads to the board and use a plain screwdriver to power up when I'm not sure of the power switch pins. Just move it around the pin cluster until it powers up. Works everytime. Those cylinder objects are capacitors, and you won't hurt anything by bumping one.

Nope my motherboard won't turn on at all. Although 4 hours ago when I have used those 2 +5 V/Data +/Data -/ GND connectors or so it turned on for about 15 seconds after that it turned off on its own.

Edit:
Although I am still waiting for an answer related to the other 2 connectors.
m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 16, 2012 11:26:49 AM

The only connector that must be matched is the power switch lead, which only has two pins. The others you mentioned are for sound or usb. Most usb connectors are one piece, but a few have more than one section. That's why I use the screwdriver; by moving it around the cluster, it will eventually touch the two power switch pins to power on. Apparantly, you have another issue. Unless you broke off one of the caps (short for capacitors), you simply need to find the rest of the connections. List a board model number and maybe I can find a diagram. And you must also have the 12v 4 pin power supply lead connected near the cpu socket.
m
l
October 16, 2012 12:27:48 PM

It seems the problem is the motherboard after all. All my power connectors are connected correctly. I also tried de-attach the ram and hard disk and try only the motherboard. It doesn't even beep or power up. So my final conclusion is that the motherboard is not working.

m
l
a c 435 V Motherboard
October 16, 2012 2:14:52 PM

Some Intel boards are picky about the ram; it's also possible the board won't post with your cpu until you flash the bios with an older cpu. I suggest you try a different board and sell your old one; Intel may let you rma it.
m
l
!