New build won't power up

trombo31

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Hey,
I just started putting together my first build. I did a test run to make sure all the parts were alive and it all worked fine. I then placed everything in the tower and tried to start it up and nothing happens. I took it all back out and tried to do a test run and nothing. Did I somehow ruin the mobo while installing? I am getting LED lights on the mobo and the PSU is humming.

Raidmax 530w
Asus P8Z68
Intel i-5 2500k
Kingston 2X4 1600

Thanks,

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Ok first. Boot with one ram module and see if it works. Second check all standoffs to see if you messed up the connections and shorted something. Then check your IO plate and make sure the metal things are on top of them and pushing down/touching the usb top plate and things. Good Luck!

trombo31

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I've been through the whole tutorial before and have definitely checked the 4/8 pin cable several times. There is definitely power going to the motherboard as LED's are on, but when I try to power up the system nothing happens, no fans or anything. I set it up exactly the same as what I had before when it was working and can't get the same results. The only thing I can think of was that I had some trouble getting the motherboard to slide into the i/o plate because it had a lot of silly little pieces of metal poking out that didn't allow easy entrance from the mobo. Could I have bent some pins trying to move that it?

trombo31

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

What do I look for in the standoffs if there is an issue? I checked the ram and it does nothing with either stick or both sticks.