Blu-ray issue

G

Dear all,

I am having an issue with my new blu ray drive. I put in to replace my broken DVD-RW drive which I always meant to upgrade to blu-ray so I had made my system compatible so far as I knew. I have a DGM monitor which aria told me is HDCP compliant. I have a Radeon 5830 graphics card connected to my monitor with a DVI-I dual link cable. The rest of my computer is up to spec, an AMD athlon triple core 3GHz processor, 4GB of DDR2 1066 RAM. The problem so far as it is reported to me is that my setup is unable to play protected content and I need to switch to an analogue system. I bought a DVI-I cable specifically to be able to carry an analogue signal. Can anyone tell me where my problem truly lies I suspect my monitors DVI input to be purely digital but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Need more information:

1) What operating system are you using?
2) What is the specific model monitor you are using?
3) Are you trying to play a standard DVD or Blu-Ray disk?
4) What resolution is your monitor set at?
5) When you installed the Blu-Ray drive, did you also install the included software (Blu-Ray playing software like PowerDVD)?
6) When you installed the Blu-Ray drive, did you install the drivers from the disk or download from the manufacturer's web site?
7) Specifically, what make/model Blu-Ray drive did you purchase/install?

-Wolf sends

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Your problem is not with the BluRay player /hardware/, but with DRM - copyright protection enforcing.
It's not about analogue signal to your monitor, it says you - you are not allowed to play this content on a computer but only on a dedicated palyer.
But I think this forum is not the place to discuss the ways arround DRM.