Sign in with
Your question

Best Full Tower Case

Last response: in Components
December 28, 2011 10:58:16 PM

Hey guys, I would like to know whats best full tower case(Airflow and Looks) in the market.

I'm willing to go to 500$ tops for it. Could make an exception if I really like the case you suggest.

I like using air to cool my system, can't be bothered maintaining a LCS.

I currently have this: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1277&ID=14... It does a decent job, but it's designed for older system, had to "mod" it to get my H80 to fit in the case, have 6 fans running on it plus 2x fans on the H80 Rad.

Just bought a month(150$ or so) ago for my current build, it's the best case in my country, since i live in central america.

I travel monthly to the US, so i'm thinking of picking one up there.

Thanks in advance :p 

More about : full tower case

a c 104 ) Power supply
December 28, 2011 11:21:07 PM

Corsair obsidian 800 is a popular one,
Haf do good cases, 932, haf X etcetera
In win have some great offerings, dragon rider, BUC
But the main reason I answered is you said you cba maintaining an lcs system, lcs don't require maintenance, fit and forget jobs like the corsair H50 etc, I suspect you meant a water cooling loop :-)
Not to be confused as the two are vastly different hehe
Moto
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
December 29, 2011 12:18:37 AM

Cm storm trooper, haf x, thermal take level 10, many to choose from.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2011 12:21:48 AM

Which full tower case costs $500 and more? I thought full towers didn't get more expensive than ~$300.
m
l
December 29, 2011 2:02:12 AM

This Case http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Computer-Aluminum-Uni...

568$ on Amazon, altho i think it's pretty overpriced and would like the window on the other side.

Basically what I want is a case with great airflow, lots of space to expand, air filters lol(Armor+ is filthy 3 weeks in and i had to clean it up..).
Looks great and a side panel on left side if possible...not necessary.

I plan to keep the new case i buy for at least 5 years.

I tried mountain mods, but they all look too ugly for my taste.

I mean the TT case i have is decent, but i had to mod it(To fit an H80, i wanted a h100, but that wont happen on the TT armor case), and it's still on usb2.0, i have to use the usb 3.0s of my mobo in front and back.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2011 2:07:14 AM

You could pick from any that the above posters listed. My brother has the HAF-X and it has more room than you could ever need.
m
l
December 29, 2011 2:37:09 AM

brianmz said:
Hey guys, I would like to know whats best full tower case(Airflow and Looks) in the market.

I'm willing to go to 500$ tops for it. Could make an exception if I really like the case you suggest.

I like using air to cool my system, can't be bothered maintaining a LCS.

I currently have this: http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1277&ID=14... It does a decent job, but it's designed for older system, had to "mod" it to get my H80 to fit in the case, have 6 fans running on it plus 2x fans on the H80 Rad.

Just bought a month(150$ or so) ago for my current build, it's the best case in my country, since i live in central america.

I travel monthly to the US, so i'm thinking of picking one up there.

Thanks in advance :p 

I would'nt try to talk you in water cooling but there is virtually no maintenance to a WC setup. Haven't touched mine since I set it up 3 months ago.
m
l
December 29, 2011 7:03:58 PM

Mmm, i ended up modding my current case..changed the built in usb 2.0 to usb 3.0, added filters as well, should hold me over for 3yrs until i make a completely new pc for maxwell setup, will only be keeping the PSU.

Thanks, they were all great cases, i wanted to try the GT level 10 but i feel that one would be best on water..which i still have my doubts, maybe for maxwell build,..if their cards run hot.
m
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
December 29, 2011 10:04:18 PM

I think it would either be the hafx or obsidian 800d that would be the best that feel on water.
m
l
!