Playing Yahoo games w/ my pc connected to Verizon Wireless MyFy, it freezes maby 20 times during a game.
Is it is going dormant? if so how to fix? (Because if i run TDAmeritrade Streamer in the background it NEVER freezes)
More about :wireless lag gaming
February 14, 2011 1:09:34 AM
Ideally don't use wireless. Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception.
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel at least 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna).