Kodak EasyShare Camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 5, 2005 10:02:11 PM

Purchased a 7330 EasyShare. Loaded software, took video, transfered to
computer. The pics transferred as Jpegs (ok). However, the videos
transferred as .LID files. What the heck are they? Nothing on my pc
will play this extension. Anyone have any ideas why these videos are
..LID files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

GooBoy

More about : kodak easyshare camera

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:18:04 AM

boynmdgoo@yahoo.com wrote:
> Purchased a 7330 EasyShare. Loaded software, took video, transfered to
> computer. The pics transferred as Jpegs (ok). However, the videos
> transferred as .LID files. What the heck are they? Nothing on my pc
> will play this extension. Anyone have any ideas why these videos are
> .LID files. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> GooBoy

Not sure why. All the Kodak cameras I have seen produce .mov files for
movies.
The manual says it puts out Quicktime files, which is to say, .mov
files. Something got messed up, bigtime.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Greetings GooBoy,

Not sure what happened, but the files if correctly recorded they would be
..mov files. Kodak uses that format in all its digital cameras. It is a
universal format created by Apple and is commont to both PC and Mac computer
platforms.

I wonder, Gooboy, if you might have used a non Kodak program to capture
files from the camera? If so, that may be the reason? Anyway, a review of
the noted format does not reveal a file format of that kind being listed,
which also means it is not any common.

If you have not removed the files from the camera - they remain in memory or
on the memory card - you can download and install EasyShare from the Kodak
site and take files from the camera and or card for review. They should
download as .mov files which will show up in EasyShare.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

!