Associate Image files with Microsoft Photo Editor

In Windows XP, when I double-click to open an image such
as a JPG-file, it opens with "Windows Picture and Fax
Viewer". I don't want to use this program, and would
rather have them open in "Microsoft Photo Editor". I have
set up the Folder Options so that JPG and JPEG "File
Types" open with Microsoft Photo Editor, and the "Open"
action is even set to this:

"D:\Applications\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE" "%1"

Any idea how to fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about associate image files microsoft photo editor

    How do I turn off the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as my default image viewer?:

    If that does not help, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpg
    -and-
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg

    Backup and delete those keys.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c6101c470b2$5906bd40$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    In Windows XP, when I double-click to open an image such
    as a JPG-file, it opens with "Windows Picture and Fax
    Viewer". I don't want to use this program, and would
    rather have them open in "Microsoft Photo Editor". I have
    set up the Folder Options so that JPG and JPEG "File
    Types" open with Microsoft Photo Editor, and the "Open"
    action is even set to this:

    "D:\Applications\Common Files\Microsoft
    Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE" "%1"

    Any idea how to fix this?

    Thank you so much. This works perfectly.

    YW Greg. Glad to be of assistance.

    --

    "Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:449101c47323$73b025f0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    Thank you so much. This works perfectly.

Configuration Photo Microsoft Windows XP