Associate Image files with Microsoft Photo Editor

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Photo
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 23, 2004 9:41:17 AM

In Windows XP, when I double-click to open an image such
as a JPG-file, it opens with "Windows Picture and Fax
Viewer". I don't want to use this program, and would
rather have them open in "Microsoft Photo Editor". I have
set up the Folder Options so that JPG and JPEG "File
Types" open with Microsoft Photo Editor, and the "Open"
action is even set to this:

"D:\Applications\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE" "%1"

Any idea how to fix this?

More about : associate image files microsoft photo editor

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:41:22 PM

How do I turn off the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as my default image viewer?:

If that does not help, open Registry Editor and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpg
-and-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.jpeg

Backup and delete those keys.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2c6101c470b2$5906bd40$a301280a@phx.gbl...
In Windows XP, when I double-click to open an image such
as a JPG-file, it opens with "Windows Picture and Fax
Viewer". I don't want to use this program, and would
rather have them open in "Microsoft Photo Editor". I have
set up the Folder Options so that JPG and JPEG "File
Types" open with Microsoft Photo Editor, and the "Open"
action is even set to this:

"D:\Applications\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\PhotoEd\PHOTOED.EXE" "%1"

Any idea how to fix this?
July 26, 2004 12:15:57 PM

Thank you so much. This works perfectly.
!