Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Acer laptop USB Ports and keyboard are not working

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2011 3:30:53 AM

I have a Acer laptop. My problem happened all of a sudden. I went and turned it on and everything went through like normal until it came to me logging on the computer. The mouse wasnt moving at all and the keyboard or pad wasnt working either. I am figuring that the usb ports are not working. I have no idea what could be wrong. Please any info. you may have that could help Please give it a shot. I have tried a couple things already but i am lost. if you have any questions please ask.
December 29, 2011 3:32:26 AM

probably something fried in the motherboard, did you spill any liquid on it?
Score
December 29, 2011 3:40:00 AM

no I didnt spill any thing on it. I did take out the hard drive and put it in my other lap top so that i could reboot the hard drive. That worked... then i put it back in the Acer and everything loaded but the keyboard and mouse still wont work. Is there any way that I could check to see if it is definitely the motherboard. does this mean i will have to get a new motherboard.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

December 29, 2011 3:45:18 AM

if its a laptop and its the motherboard, its probably not worth the money to fix as you can't just buy a new motherboard and install it. if its under warrenty then send it back to be fixed, if now then you are probably out of luck.
January 5, 2012 12:15:59 AM

esrever said:
if its a laptop and its the motherboard, its probably not worth the money to fix as you can't just buy a new motherboard and install it. if its under warrenty then send it back to be fixed, if now then you are probably out of luck.

You are right, It was the motherboard and I Bought a new one for $50.00 and put it in and everything is good. I was hoping it wasnt the mother board but i thought it was because they are usually not worth fixing. But this one worked out for me... thanx for your time. Elisa
Score
January 5, 2012 12:16:19 AM

Best answer selected by elisa81.
Score
!