Sign in with
Your question

Display Driver Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b C Monitor
July 28, 2011 12:22:33 AM

I got a Emachines E17T6W TFT LCD Flat Panel and I cant seem to find the driver and Windows 7 Cant seem to update the driver as well... Does anyone know where i can find the Driver OR fix the resolution? I just recently disconnected my computer from my old CRT and put it on my old Emachines Monitor and it doesn't seem to install the driver... Windows Update does not help...
VideoCard: GT 220
Monitor: eMachines E17T6W
Monitor Resolution: 1440x900 @ 60Hz(Does not work and it shows all Resolution from my OLD CRT monitor...)

More about : display driver problem

July 29, 2011 2:35:54 AM

Hi...

Have you tried changing the resolution using nVidia control panel?
I never had such a problem so i'm not sure about what to do but i am yet to see a monitor that requires drivers, maybe some might have but as far as i know windows always detects them right, especialy Win7 that has a huge driver database... so i believe this is an OS related problem and not a video card or monitor fault...

But i'll check that monitor and see what i can find... in the meanwhile try changing the resolution using nVidia control panel, if you are still unable to get the resolution you want check below the resolutions available on nvidia contro panel and you'll see an option "personalize" or at least it should be something like that (mine is in portuguese), click there and you'll get to a new menu with resolutions to select, then make sure you check the box to unlock unsuported resolutions that appear bellow and you should be able to get the resolution you want, but this shouldnt be needed... anyway, if your monitor supports that resolution it should accept it with no problems but if it doesnt dont do nothing for 15 seconds (especially dont press enter or the space bar) because a dialog box will appear informing you that the resolution has been changed and asking if you want to keep it for 15 seconds, if you dont do nothing than at the end of that time it will go back to your previous resolution but if you press enter or the space bar you'll need to restart your pc in VGA mode otherwise you'll get stuck with a black screen...

Sorry for the bad english...
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2011 2:48:36 AM

CryptorX said:
Hi...

Have you tried changing the resolution using nVidia control panel?
I never had such a problem so i'm not sure about what to do but i am yet to see a monitor that requires drivers, maybe some might have but as far as i know windows always detects them right, especialy Win7 that has a huge driver database... so i believe this is an OS related problem and not a video card or monitor fault...

But i'll check that monitor and see what i can find... in the meanwhile try changing the resolution using nVidia control panel, if you are still unable to get the resolution you want check below the resolutions available on nvidia contro panel and you'll see an option "personalize" or at least it should be something like that (mine is in portuguese), click there and you'll get to a new menu with resolutions to select, then make sure you check the box to unlock unsuported resolutions that appear bellow and you should be able to get the resolution you want, but this shouldnt be needed... anyway, if your monitor supports that resolution it should accept it with no problems but if it doesnt dont do nothing for 15 seconds (especially dont press enter or the space bar) because a dialog box will appear informing you that the resolution has been changed and asking if you want to keep it for 15 seconds, if you dont do nothing than at the end of that time it will go back to your previous resolution but if you press enter or the space bar you'll need to restart your pc in VGA mode otherwise you'll get stuck with a black screen...

Sorry for the bad english...

I Currently have it at full screen on 1024x768 @ 75Hz(Doesn't work/look perfectly at anything below 75Hz) and it is seriously huge... My icon are like 1 inch from a ruler compare to screen... any my browser can barely view this page or where im typing right now with a bar below for me to move it to see the right... One way i know to solve problem is to reformat my computer but i do not want to as i got great stuff on it... Also when I change the resolution, it does pop-up the information and if it doesn't work, i just press escape which works or cancel the setting... In contoll panel, i tried making a custom resolution and it worked but it doesn't fit because it have a black bar on the left and on the top, changing the Hz doesn't really help when at 1440x900... Thanks for helping tho...
m
l
!