folder backgrounds

July 23, 2004 10:57:02 AM

I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows XP, and on my old folders, i could have a backgroup, like the desktop background, for each of the folders. Except now i don't know how to apply that to my new wWindows XP folders.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

More about : folder backgrounds

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:38:29 PM

Rachelle,

Customizing Folders with Desktop.ini (Windows Explorer and Controls):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platfor...

Automate the entire thing using the Ieshwiz utility which came with Windows 98.
Download it from here: http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/utils/IESHWIZ.zip

Open a Command Prompt window and go to the folder where you downloaded the file:

Type "IESHWIZ <path and folder name you want to customize>
[ e.g. IESHWIZ C:\Windows ]
Follow the onscreen instructions and select the background image you want for that folder

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"Rachelle" <Rachelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B74FC052-C0E5-4F71-BCAF-AC2741D5A760@microsoft.com...
I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows XP, and on my old folders, i could have a backgroup, like the desktop background, for each of the folders. Except now i don't know how to apply that to my new wWindows XP folders.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:58:53 PM

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:57:02 -0700, "Rachelle"
<Rachelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows XP, and on my old folders, i could have a backgroup, like the desktop background, for each of the folders. Except now i don't know how to apply that to my new wWindows XP folders.
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks
The best, and easiest way to customise folder background and text
color is with this freebie!
http://www.clonesoft.com/shellicons/index.htm
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 2:52:32 AM

Hi Rachelle,

You may want to visit my webpage, which states in details on how to set a custom wallpaper for
folder backgrounds.

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

--