Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon hd 5450 1gb gpu question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2011 1:36:35 AM

Hello,
I recently purchased a radeon hd 5450 gpu to upgrade an older small form factor computer (hp dc7600 sff) to be a media pc used for hd Netflix. After watching a 30 minute tv episode at 1080p hd on Netflix, gpu-z reports the cards temp at 77 degrees celcius. Is this normal for a passively cooled card like the 5450 or should I consider an active cooler. Also when installing a case fan do I make the fan blow into the case or pull air out?
July 30, 2011 12:52:03 PM

Becox There Is No Fan In It, It Just Has HeatSink & Yes Its Not Made For 1080-Pixels !,

Just Add An Good $10 Fan On The HeatSink & It Will B Fine !
m
l
July 30, 2011 7:29:17 PM

bistwo said:
Hello,
I recently purchased a radeon hd 5450 gpu to upgrade an older small form factor computer (hp dc7600 sff) to be a media pc used for hd Netflix. After watching a 30 minute tv episode at 1080p hd on Netflix, gpu-z reports the cards temp at 77 degrees celcius. Is this normal for a passively cooled card like the 5450 or should I consider an active cooler. Also when installing a case fan do I make the fan blow into the case or pull air out?

What is your idle temperature for that graphics card?

Where did you plan to mount the case fan in that Small Form Factor case?

What is the size and airflow (CFM) of this case fan you're planning on adding?
m
l
July 30, 2011 8:17:36 PM

That temp is normal for a passively cooled HD 5450.

If you are going to mount a fan on the from of the PC case, then it should be as an intake fan to pull air in. If you are mounting the fan in the back of the case then it should be as an exhaust fan to blow air out.
m
l
!