Gay dad gtx 560 ti

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
need advice, had a problem yesterday, i was using my dad pc, which is better than mine.. and somehow his dedicated physix card died.... a gtx 560 ti... , i was saving money to upgrade my system in christmas but... i think im gonna have to upgrade now, because he took my gti 560 ti as payment... -.-.

My system is

ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155
i5 2500k
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB
XFX PRO850W XXX
OCZ Agility 3 120gb
GTX 560 Ti Zotac Amp! Sli (NOT ANYMORE)
Thermaltake Lvl 10
CORSAIR H100(a little old, got it used)
i game at 1900x1200

got 600 dlls for Gpus, should i get another gtx 560 ti?, or use it as phyxs card and get better sli cards?. im saving money for ivy and from here to december i think im just gonna be able to save like 150 dlls because i need to get other stuff..

rvilkman

Distinguished
And the dedicated 560Ti is no longer under warranty, that is quite odd, didn't think they had been out for that long...

I would have to say that you have quite a dilemma here with the future lauches being roughly:
AMD next gen cards nov/dec, Nvidia jan/feb and then ivy bridge in apr.

I would say just hang in there with a single 560Ti until such time that you upgrade to ivy bridge and you should have access to the rest of the new goodies as well.

lozz08

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
To reiterate above posts;

Please, PLEASE don't just go "meh" and cost yourself money, take the card back to where you got it and it should be replaced. (the 560ti you supposedly broke)

I dont understand the last part, you have the card or you dont?

Now, if you have NO card at all, id go for a 6950 (assuming your board is crossfire compatible).
If you have a 560Ti, id not buy anything else for now. a 560 on full HD+ Is normally more than enought to smoothly run anything on the highest settings (with like... 2 exceptions??).

Id eventually wait for the next generation and see if its worth getting SLI crossifre, or if its worth to get simply a new generation gpu (AKA: you get more performance rom a new gpu than SLIing with a second 560 Ti, AND it barely cost any more).

Thats what im doing right now and im still running on my faithfull q6600 :D.

rvilkman

Distinguished

When you read it carefully, he lists in the first description of the system having 560Ti SLI, so I gather that he still has one 560Ti.
So in that sense he might not be able to max out everything anymore, but they will play fine at 1920x1200.
I thought at first as well that he didn't have any card, but upon further inspection I noticed the above.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
I was under the impression there were 2 PC's. The OP and his Dads.

The OP's PC has SLI 560Ti's, and his Dads PC has 1 560Ti. His Dads card broke, so the OP took a card from his own SLI set up and installed it in his Dad's PC.

Therefore leaving 2 PC's with a single 560Ti each, and 1 broken card left over.

As everyone else above has said, take the card back to the manufacturer/place of purchase. You'll well within your rights to request a replacement. That's what manufacturer warranty is there for.

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

He is mad because i touch his pc, now the "boss" wont listen. I really really hate playing with 1 gtx 560 ti.... i was playing metro 2033, and now, the way i can run it... it dosent sattisf me.

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

thats not the point of the topic... and i cant even get close to his office anymore.... so.. i could ask him -.- , but i really dont want him to remember and get mad again.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished

You need to explain to him the card isn't even a year old and so its still covered by manufacturer warranty.

A replacement product would be free, but you need to get it sorted out. There's no point losing out on a card because your Dads a bit "pissed off". He will be even more annoyed if he finds he's lost out money when he could have had a free replacement.

If its "his house, his rules", tell him to sort HIS OWN damn card out :D

TRENDING THREADS