Questions about this powersupply

williamlsu

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
This is the power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-371-044&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=6

This is the case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Does this power supply pully air from inside the case and blow it out where the power button is? I'm confused why it has a fan on the top rather than the back for the power supply. Does it have two fans?

Help new builder and confused :(

Main question is... is this fan going to be blowing hott air into my case/motherboard/video card etc.. is this going to be a big problem or should I not worry about it?

Solution
The PSU will draw air in from the big fan on the top, and exhaust it out the back (where the power button is and where you plug the cable in).

Which way up you mount the PSU depends on your case. If your case has a mesh bottom where the PSU can draw cool outside air in from under your case, this is recommended. However if your PSU has a solid bottom (so it wont be able to draw any air in), you will need to mount it the other way up (fan on the top) so it can draw air into it from inside the case.

Exhaust will always be out the back by the power switch.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
The PSU will draw air in from the big fan on the top, and exhaust it out the back (where the power button is and where you plug the cable in).

Which way up you mount the PSU depends on your case. If your case has a mesh bottom where the PSU can draw cool outside air in from under your case, this is recommended. However if your PSU has a solid bottom (so it wont be able to draw any air in), you will need to mount it the other way up (fan on the top) so it can draw air into it from inside the case.

Exhaust will always be out the back by the power switch.

Solution