Sign in with
Your question

Which video card is better?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 28, 2011 9:51:34 AM

Can someone tell me which video card is better between the two? The first one is a Jaton nVidia GeForce 6200 256mb DVI SFF PCI Video Card. The other card is an ATI Radeon x1300 PCI Video card. Seems that the specs. on each card are very similar. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone might be able to share some light on this subject. I do know that the Jaton has the ability to have two monitors hooked up, but I really don't care about that. I just want the best performing card out of the two. If anyone might know, I'd sure appreciate some feedback. Thanks!!

More about : video card

a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 2:23:32 PM

larbeck said:
Can someone tell me which video card is better between the two? The first one is a Jaton nVidia GeForce 6200 256mb DVI SFF PCI Video Card. The other card is an ATI Radeon x1300 PCI Video card. Seems that the specs. on each card are very similar. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone might be able to share some light on this subject. I do know that the Jaton has the ability to have two monitors hooked up, but I really don't care about that. I just want the best performing card out of the two. If anyone might know, I'd sure appreciate some feedback. Thanks!!

I have used a 6600 geforce and a x1300. the x1300 out preformed the 6600. a 6600 out performs a 6200. So x1300 is the better option.

albeit very outdated cards...
July 28, 2011 4:17:37 PM

Thanks, yes I know it's outdated. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to buy a new computer. I'm just trying to get the most out of what I have. The standard graphics adapter on my motherboard is like not having one at all. It's pretty bad. This will make a tremendous difference. I'm not a gamer or anything like that. I do a lot of photo editing. I've been trying some video, but you might as well forget it with the graphics adapter I have. Everything is very slow, or just doesn't work at all. Then again, I'm limited as to how much I want to upgrade. I start running into power supply issues then. This is my last step in upgrading this computer. I just bought a 250 GB 7200 RPM UDMA 133 hard drive for $20.00 bucks. I had a 40 GB 5200 RPM non UDMA hard drive. I had 256 mb of ram. For $60.00 bucks I now have 2 GB of pc2700 333mhz ram. The processor was a Pentium 4 2.0 GHZ 512/400 FSB. For $6.43 I now have a Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ 512/533 FSB processor. I've gone from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium. All this has more than doubled the speed and performance of this computer. So for about $30.00 bucks, I can pick up this video card and have a relatively decent computer. For about $120.00 bucks I've got myself a new computer compared to what I had. Doing this in steps is the only way I could afford it. Disability doesn't leave you with a lot of options, being on a fixed income. I appreciate the comments I've received in regards to what parts will be my best bet to upgrade with. So I guess I will purchase the ATI Radeon x1300 256mb PCI video card. If anyone has a better idea for a video card in this price range, I'm all ears and open to any suggestions. Thanks!
!