I have single GTX 590 worth going Quad Sli?

Hi there, I have single GTX 590, was wondering is it worth going quad sli if I buy another GTX 590?? so I was wondering if I go quad sli would it play all the games now till next 3 or 4 years to come?? And them performance would it be good?

Money not issue for me, I have 1920x1080 monitor.
PSU:corsair 1200w

Thanks
35 answers Last reply
More about single worth quad
  1. my advice is just keep it as it is. with 2 GTX590 you're going to have 4 gpu and the scaling will be one of your main issue in such a setup. in 4 years time there might be a single gpu out there that able to beat GTX590 in quad SLI even if they have perfect scaling across 4 gpu
  2. At 1080P res, I'd not bother, as it's hard to imagine any even a single GTX590 as being insufficient for at least the next couple of years anyway...
  3. renz496 said:
    my advice is just keep it as it is. with 2 GTX590 you're going to have 4 gpu and the scaling will be one of your main issue in such a setup. in 4 years time there might be a single gpu out there that able to beat GTX590 in quad SLI even if they have perfect scaling across 4 gpu


    Thanks for response, well for me I'm not gamer I'm casual gamer, but all I want to perform best is battlefield 3 full high settings and other titles like mass effect 3 deux etc you reckon this single GTX 590 will eat those games in full high settings?

    I some people have 2x gtx 590 with one monitor?
  4. mdd1963 said:
    At 1080P res, I'd not bother, as it's hard to imagine any even a single GTX590 as being insufficient for at least the next couple of years anyway...


    What you mean?
  5. A single 590 will crush BF3...

    Quad SLI scaling is horrible isn't it? Same with quadfire? I've read these companies are really still focusing on 2 card scaling, even 3. 4 is still out of the question for them as far as optimizing performance goes.
  6. has1 said:
    Thanks for response, well for me I'm not gamer I'm casual gamer, but all I want to perform best is battlefield 3 full high settings and other titles like mass effect 3 deux etc you reckon this single GTX 590 will eat those games in full high settings?

    I some people have 2x gtx 590 with one monitor?


    the game still not put so i can't say about something like "GTX590 will eat those game even on the heaviest setting" :). that has been my standing for long unless we really did know hardware being used in the gameplay preview/review (before the game is out). but i believe GTX590 should be able to handle the game you mention above just fine at maximum setting with your current monitor.

    for those who have 2 GTX590 with single monitor, i say they are people who have extra cash to burn or just performance/benchmark freak :P
  7. Quote:
    IMO, u should probably spend the USD700 for 2 more monitors for Tri-screen.....
    and BF3 , I don't expect my 6950 to not be able to max it, let alone ur Dual GPu behemoth


    I don't have space for tri monitors until I get bigger desk lol i have new monitor http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/flagship/ls27a950dsxs/
  8. Quote:
    so buy a new desk as well
    :lol:


    Lol very soon I'm not bond with tri screen I love my single monitor at the moment :-)
  9. So guys shall I stick to single GTX 590 then???? Having 2 GTX 590 it will increase performance a little? Am I right?
  10. Quote:
    so buy a new desk as well
    :lol:


    lol. for 3D surround GTX580 3GB in SLI got my vote. those extra VRAM is useful for such resolution
  11. has1 said:
    So guys shall I stick to single GTX 590 then???? Having 2 GTX 590 it will increase performance a little? Am I right?


    just stick with one GTX590 right now. the performance gain from adding another GTX590 might not justified the cost spend. aside from that you're going to need beefy CPU to keep up with 2 GTX590. if the cpu can't keep up with the card you might get performance decrease instead of performance increase.
  12. renz496 said:
    just stick with one GTX590 right now. the performance gain from adding another GTX590 might not justified the cost spend. aside from that you're going to need beefy CPU to keep up with 2 GTX590. if the cpu can't keep up with the card you might get performance decrease instead of performance increase.


    Motherboard: G1 Assassin Gigabyte
    Cpu: i7 990x 3.46ghz stock speed
    PSU: Corsair AX1200 Gold
    Ram: 12gb Corsair Triple Channel
    HDD:1tb 7200rpm
    Graphics Card: GTX 590 3GB
    Case: Haf-X
    Cooler: Noctua NH D14
     
    That's my spec of my rig right now, I'm not planning to over clock it, if I did plan to get another gtx 590 just want extra performance IF I plan to go quad sli thanks for response for now I stick to single gtx 590 I'm lucky I got invited to BF3 alpha test weaird I was getting 40 to 50fps but it's alpha test so it's not optimize yet
  13. Quote:
    IMO, even a 6950 is enough for gaming at 1920*1080 .
    so a single GTX 590 would suite u quite well at 1920*1080 even Metro....
    don't bother SLI 590, performance leap would be minimal,


    One more Thing: Try Radeon GPUs next time, at least I can CFX a HD6990 with a 6970 or 6950, instead of having to go 2*6990 just to get more than Dual GPU



    Thanks yeh I will in future, I was always nvidia person the driver etc they were good I try something for change once :p
  14. Quote:
    You are indeed one of those with too much cash to spend :lol:
    as for ur frame rate, I'd say it's due SLI issues ( drivers or the game, either one) , SLI not working in this game or something like that or scaling issues with "unoptimized" drivers



    i messenge the BF3 forums most of the player who were invited to alpha test phase they having same problem the game is not optimize yet, thats why they getting low fps like below 50fps, my gtx 590 is fine i play crysis 60+ fps others im sure gtx 590 will eat BF3 its just if i get another gtx 590 and the performance i will be saved till 5+ years or so until next upgrade
  15. that was alpha, not even beta. heard that DICE will working more on game mechanics and try to find any bug when you play the game especially in multiplayer with alpha. some said we will able to see some of BF3 awesomeness in graphic with beta when it starts in september
  16. I get 60+ fps on crysis 2 with a gtx 460 1g jokes on YOU haha lots of wasted money
  17. Randomacts said:
    I get 60+ fps on crysis 2 with a gtx 460 1g jokes on YOU haha lots of wasted money


    did you run the game with ultra preset (dx11) with high res texture pack?
  18. renz496 said:
    did you run the game with ultra preset (dx11) with high res texture pack?


    yeh i download dx 11 i get about 60-90 fps
  19. Randomacts said:
    I get 60+ fps on crysis 2 with a gtx 460 1g jokes on YOU haha lots of wasted money


    money not issue for me mate :)
  20. has1 said:
    yeh i download dx 11 i get about 60-90 fps


    lol. i'm asking Randomacts :). with dx11 and high res texture i got average in mid 20s. play at 1600x900
  21. renz496 said:
    lol. i'm asking Randomacts :). with dx11 and high res texture i got average in mid 20s. play at 1600x900


    Anyway I'm goin to stick to 1 gtx 590 because ain't point me buying another 590 for one 1920x1080 monitor really I think it's pointless
  22. has1 said:
    Anyway I'm goin to stick to 1 gtx 590 because ain't point me buying another 590 for one 1920x1080 monitor really I think it's pointless

    correct, unless you were planning on using three monitors. At which point the 1.5 gb's per card would limit you at a resolution like 5800x1080. you would of wanted the 6990.
  23. jonnyrb said:
    correct, unless you were planning on using three monitors. At which point the 1.5 gb's per card would limit you at a resolution like 5800x1080. you would of wanted the 6990.


    Thanks mate, it seem I'm being bit greedy lol just relise that one is enough and it's doin me alright actually even me playing BF3 alpha I'm still getting very good fps wonder how final game I would get fps maybe over 100fps lol
  24. personally I'd spend the money on an ssd with that high end rig you have, everything else is overkill but only a single hdd, weak
  25. has1 said:
    Thanks mate, it seem I'm being bit greedy lol just relise that one is enough and it's doin me alright actually even me playing BF3 alpha I'm still getting very good fps wonder how final game I would get fps maybe over 100fps lol

    I wouldn't worry too much about the performance during alpha, let alone beta. I was playing ffxiv, the crossfire scaling was negative and it sucked all around. Patch after Patch.. I run the game nearly maxed now.

    As for an SSD. it will help with load times and stability, that's about it. Still totally worth it. I'd never survive anywhere without my SSD
  26. Quote:
    My 6950 can run Metro 2033 at DX11 Ultra settings with 4*MSAA and still maintain 100fps........

    at 800*640


    awwm I was like REALLY?! I have a 6950!!! I run it at like.. 30 fps on med/low settings but 1080p :(
  27. If $ isn't an issue, I feel like you're doing things wrong to be quite honest...

    Instead of one GTX 590 you should've gone 3x 580... like with these... tri SLI is pretty viable as opposed to quad which isn't...
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1591-AR&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=

    If $ isn't an issue then EVGA has some great overclocking graphics cards.
    You should be running all water cooling...
    Buy yourself 2 of the latest, largest, fastest SSD drives and RAID 0 them...
    Overclock that beast of a CPU to 4.8ghz or somewhere around there
    Buy a REAL monitor none of this 16x9 crap... get a 16:10... you have enough juice to be running 2560x1600 on a 30", if 30" is too big for your eyes at least get a 16:10 aspect ratio 24"... or get one of the 120hz monitors out already

    Also, if you just do gaming, then a sandy bridge cpu will give you better performance than the i7 990x... if you're doing anything other than gaming though the 990x wins.
  28. lmulder said:
    If $ isn't an issue, I feel like you're doing things wrong to be quite honest...

    Instead of one GTX 590 you should've gone 3x 580... like with these... tri SLI is pretty viable as opposed to quad which isn't...
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1591-AR&family=GeForce%20500%20Series%20Family&sw=

    If $ isn't an issue then EVGA has some great overclocking graphics cards.
    You should be running all water cooling...
    Buy yourself 2 of the latest, largest, fastest SSD drives and RAID 0 them...
    Overclock that beast of a CPU to 4.8ghz or somewhere around there
    Buy a REAL monitor none of this 16x9 crap... get a 16:10... you have enough juice to be running 2560x1600 on a 30", if 30" is too big for your eyes at least get a 16:10 aspect ratio 24"... or get one of the 120hz monitors out already

    Also, if you just do gaming, then a sandy bridge cpu will give you better performance than the i7 990x... if you're doing anything other than gaming though the 990x wins.


    Thanks for reply, i do mostly work etc aswell like editing photoshop for my project, thats why i have 990x also i play games aswell, i appreciate your comment mate i post video uptoday on my youtube account me playing battlefield 3 alpha test phase

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyjSPfoaLj4

    Thanks
  29. hi i have gtx 590 is it working goin quad sli only one monitor 1920x1080, just for extra performance i still get high fps but having quad sli would it last long for upcoming future games????
  30. Quad GPU's have terrible support and scaling for the amount the setup will cost.
  31. I am pretty sure you had an identical thread a day or two ago, anyways, heck no it is not worth it to get a second gtx 590, not to mention the blunder of drivers for running 4 gpus, let alone 2.... don't waste your money and enjoy your very high performance as it is, shoot im happy with my gtx 570 and a slight oc. Do you at least have multi-monitors/ high res monitors? or at least a multi monitor setup? If you answered no to all these questions then there is absolutley no reason to need more then one 590 let alone two, why not invest some money into your rig in other ways... SSD? new gaming keyboard? a second 590 is just not a smart purchase imo
  32. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Worth having quad sli gtx 590 on 1920x1080 monitor?
  33. jjb8675309 said:
    I am pretty sure you had an identical thread a day or two ago, anyways, heck no it is not worth it to get a second gtx 590, not to mention the blunder of drivers for running 4 gpus, let alone 2.... don't waste your money and enjoy your very high performance as it is, shoot im happy with my gtx 570 and a slight oc. Do you at least have multi-monitors/ high res monitors? or at least a multi monitor setup? If you answered no to all these questions then there is absolutley no reason to need more then one 590 let alone two, why not invest some money into your rig in other ways... SSD? new gaming keyboard? a second 590 is just not a smart purchase imo

    You're right, he did.
  34. ^Ah that explains things
  35. Thank you well explained thanks :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Quad SLI Graphics