Sign in with
Your question

Some advice on choosing motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
October 17, 2012 10:03:54 PM

hey guys am building a new computer little by little so am choosing really wisely what am going to be using for my gaming rig.. so far I will give you some details on the things I am looking at.. am open to any advise and willing to listen to anyone opinion..
so far am having trouble choosing which motherboard to get. so maybe you guys can help me pick a good motherboard.. some things I already buy like the case the rams and the GPU.. so far I am missing MB,CPU video cards and so on.. but am taking my time so I can do things just right. so far I have $400 dollars to spend on a good motherboard that will keep me going for couple of years and yes I will be overclocking and am noob to that as well.. little by little we will get there right? :) 

Enermax Fulmo GT full tower
2 GTX660 TI
Intel 3770k
Corsair H100
ABS 1100w gold power supply
G skill TridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX
OCZ vertex 4 128 ssd

which board would you recommend:
ASUS maximus V extreme
Asrock z77 oc formula
Asrock z77 extreme 9
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP7 LGA 1155 Intel Z77

its a hard choice and this PC should only be for gaming so a motherboard for gaming is what am looking for at this point, any other brand company will be welcome so I can take a look at.. any other advice or opinion I would like to hear thanks guys :) 
a c 218 V Motherboard
October 17, 2012 11:06:47 PM

The ASUS Maximus V Extreme and the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP7 are the only two I would recommend from your list.
m
l
October 17, 2012 11:15:56 PM

AWSOME!... so far we can narrow things down to 2 motherboards.. Asus Maximus V extreme and the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP7... anyone else that can help me with this would be much appreciated.. so far I like your choice Ko888
m
l
October 18, 2012 1:14:35 AM

ASUS maximus V extreme >>awesome!!!
m
l
!