ATI Radeon HD 4670 Driver crash

Soman

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
My drivers for my video card occasionally crash in full screen games.

Games I play that it has crashed in so far: League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Source, Call of Duty: Black Ops

I have tried reinstalling them several times to no avail.

Video: ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB
CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 345 2 CPU ~2.9GHz
RAM: 3GB G-Skill DDR2-800
PSU: 450W Rosewill

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Do you use Fraps ? If yes try playing the recorded AVI 's in WMP I've been seeing Alot of issues lately with drivers crashing and then recovering then there systems BSOD (This happens to me if I use WMP to play Fraps AVIs >.> ).

Your system is similar to my own so mabe we can find a fix to this. Also does your system BSOD after the crash ? and if it does and a dump file is created I'd post it, once I get some things together I'm ganna create a new thread about my own issue as its becoming a real hassle not being able to play uncompressed AVI's in WMP anymore.

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Thanks!..now back to topic :D lol, have you tried a different card in the system ? Your need to uninstall the old drivers even if the new cards from the same company.

I'd also run memtest86 overnight on the system to see if there's any errors, how ever some times you need to run the test twice to be certain there's no errors.

I myself am in the process of changing out my 4890 with a 4670 to test WMP with my AVIs from fraps, lol I'm hoping its the motherboard that's causing my issues as I'm replacing that and my ram soon lol.

Soman

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
I only have my 4670 vid card D:

Ill try memtest at some point within the next couple days, although im not having any memory read errors

It also ONLY has ever happened in the fullscreen games above and not in any other games (yet). I play like 14-17 other games.

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Do all the games mentioned above have there own DirectX installers ? if they do try installing each one and see if that changes anything, sometimes DX will cause some of the oddest issues in games lol.