ravi

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I'm an idiot. I downloaded multiple Tweak software
programs, and changed my Alt-Tab to display a screenshot
of the program to change to, which takes too long to
load. I want to undo that, and have searched through all
the tweak programs I have, and can't find that option to
change it back.

Anyone know which tweak program can take care of this?

Thanks!

Ravi,

It's the CoolSwitch (ALT+TAB replacement) powertoy. See this thread for more information:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=%23WuOdB%23UEHA.1656%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

"Ravi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:317601c470f3$31194500$a301280a@phx.gbl...
I'm an idiot. I downloaded multiple Tweak software
programs, and changed my Alt-Tab to display a screenshot
of the program to change to, which takes too long to
load. I want to undo that, and have searched through all
the tweak programs I have, and can't find that option to
change it back.

Anyone know which tweak program can take care of this?

Thanks!

kelly

Hi Ravi,

It sounds like you have the XP PowerToys installed. If so, go to Control
Panel/Add or Remove Programs/Powertoys for XP/Change or Remove. Uninstall
the task switcher.

And/or Go to Start/Run and type in msconfig. Click the Startup tab and
uncheck startup item taskswitch. After restarting your computer, Windows
reverts back to the classic task switcher.

To activate manually: Modify these registry values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

"CoolSwitch"
"CoolSwitchColumns"
"CoolSwitchRows"

....to reflect how many columns and rows, respectively, you want to appear in
the Alt+Tab cool switch display.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Ravi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm an idiot. I downloaded multiple Tweak software
> programs, and changed my Alt-Tab to display a screenshot
> of the program to change to, which takes too long to
> load. I want to undo that, and have searched through all
> the tweak programs I have, and can't find that option to
> change it back.
>
> Anyone know which tweak program can take care of this?
>
> Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS