Sign in with
Your question

PC HARD LOCK SOUND BUZZING

Last response: in Motherboards
October 18, 2012 3:04:06 AM

Hello,
My pc has constantly been locking up causing me to manually reset. When it locks up the last frame shown will stay on the screen and buzzing sound will come from the speakers. The lockups occur at random, they have happened while im browsing on chrome, while im listening to music, it happened once when i just clicked pause on itunes and it happens during gaming but ive never seen it happen during graphicly intense parts only during when theres not much action, where gpu and cpu usage is low. This started occuring around Feb this year and i played around with some settings and thought i fixed it. It lasted through the summer without any lockups and now its starting again.Please help, its very frustrating. P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 I5 2500k @4.5GHZ Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 1.5v 560ti SLI Corsair TX 750 Also i have ample cooling CPU temps dont go over 60C and GPUs stay at 60 - 65C
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 127 V Motherboard
October 18, 2012 8:42:06 AM

First thing I would do is dial back the overclock to 4.1 and see if you still get the symptoms. You probably just have an unstable overclock.
m
l
October 18, 2012 7:03:22 PM

Well it locks up during non intensive such as Google Chrome or itunes. But ive had no problems with Prime 95 stress testing.
m
l
Related resources
!