Folder settings

I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
my folder settings not being retained. This only began
happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
and etc)

I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
(Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
the 'sticking' of the status bar.

Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?

I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
Bags and BagMRU subkeys)

Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
Please let me know.
3 answers Last reply
More about folder settings

    It's beyond me why so many people are downloading a program that is
    still being tested. That said, this is the link for the SP2
    newsgroup.

    SP2 Newsgroup:
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "Saidee" <Seika@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
    > my folder settings not being retained. This only began
    > happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
    > installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
    > stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
    > I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
    > inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
    > and etc)
    >
    > I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
    > folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
    > (Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
    > settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
    > the 'sticking' of the status bar.
    >
    > Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
    > possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?
    >
    > I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
    > registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
    > delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
    > (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
    > Bags and BagMRU subkeys)
    >
    > Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
    > Please let me know.

    Saidee,

    SP 2, is a beta program as you noted in your post. Therefore, it is not a
    production release and the problems with it are not necessarily related to
    any final, fully tested, copy. Since this newsgroup deals with a release
    version, you should use the newsgroup(s) associated with the beta program,
    in this case visit the following site;

    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us

    The MS download site where you obtained the beta program provided
    information regarding where to post questions and or problems with it. In
    the future it may be a benefit for you to make a note of that information
    for reference.

    --
    Sir_George

    "Saidee" <Seika@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
    > my folder settings not being retained. This only began
    > happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
    > installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
    > stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
    > I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
    > inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
    > and etc)
    >
    > I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
    > folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
    > (Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
    > settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
    > the 'sticking' of the status bar.
    >
    > Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
    > possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?
    >
    > I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
    > registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
    > delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
    > (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
    > Bags and BagMRU subkeys)
    >
    > Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
    > Please let me know.

    Slow down......you are confusing many issues here.

    Go to Windows Explorer/View/Status Bar. Then go to Tools/Folder
    Options/View/Apply to all folders. Works for IE as well.

    Automated Edit

    Enable Show Status Bar (Line 67)

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    "Show_StatusBar"="yes"
    "Show_URLinStatusBar"="yes"
    "StatusBarOther"=dword:00000001

    Also, this has to do with Streams, not bags.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Saidee" <Seika@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    >I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
    > my folder settings not being retained. This only began
    > happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
    > installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
    > stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
    > I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
    > inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
    > and etc)
    >
    > I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
    > folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
    > (Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
    > settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
    > the 'sticking' of the status bar.
    >
    > Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
    > possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?
    >
    > I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
    > registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
    > delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
    > (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
    > Bags and BagMRU subkeys)
    >
    > Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
    > Please let me know.

Configuration Microsoft Customization Registry Windows XP