Folder settings

I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
my folder settings not being retained. This only began
happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
and etc)

I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
(Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
the 'sticking' of the status bar.

Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?

I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
Bags and BagMRU subkeys)

Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
Please let me know.

It's beyond me why so many people are downloading a program that is
still being tested. That said, this is the link for the SP2
newsgroup.

SP2 Newsgroup:
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"Saidee" <Seika@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
> my folder settings not being retained. This only began
> happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
> installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
> stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
> I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
> inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
> and etc)
>
> I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
> folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
> (Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
> settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
> the 'sticking' of the status bar.
>
> Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
> possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?
>
> I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
> registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
> delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
> (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
> Bags and BagMRU subkeys)
>
> Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
> Please let me know.

Saidee,

SP 2, is a beta program as you noted in your post. Therefore, it is not a
production release and the problems with it are not necessarily related to
any final, fully tested, copy. Since this newsgroup deals with a release
version, you should use the newsgroup(s) associated with the beta program,
in this case visit the following site;

http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us

The MS download site where you obtained the beta program provided
information regarding where to post questions and or problems with it. In
the future it may be a benefit for you to make a note of that information
for reference.

--
Sir_George

"Saidee" <Seika@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I am having the same problem that "Flaig" is having with
> my folder settings not being retained. This only began
> happening after I installed the SP2 Beta. After that
> installation, my status bar disappeared and 'refused' to
> stay on all folders. I have tried all the tweaks and fixes
> I've come across (Deleting registry keys/subkeys,
> inputting registry keys in such as the 8000 folder saves,
> and etc)
>
> I have tried numerous times to use the "Apply to all
> folders" button -- But it only sets the "View" setting
> (Thumbnails, Tiles, List, etc) and the "Arrange Icons by"
> settings -- It does not affect the folder size, nor
> the 'sticking' of the status bar.
>
> Is this possibly a known issue with SP2? Or is there a
> possible fix that anyone knows to correct this issue?
>
> I should probably also note that deleting folder setting
> registry keys that a few websites suggested, did not
> delete the "View" and "Arrange Icons by" settings
> (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell and
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam --
> Bags and BagMRU subkeys)
>
> Is there honestly any other fixes besides these things?
> Please let me know.

kelly

Slow down......you are confusing many issues here.

Go to Windows Explorer/View/Status Bar. Then go to Tools/Folder
Options/View/Apply to all folders. Works for IE as well.

Automated Edit

Enable Show Status Bar (Line 67)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
"Show_StatusBar"="yes"
"Show_URLinStatusBar"="yes"
"StatusBarOther"=dword:00000001

Also, this has to do with Streams, not bags.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP