Crysis 2 graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerio1167

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
whenever I play Crysis 2, red pixels fill the screen where there are darks. the screen -most of it- if fine but wherever there are blacks, they are replaced by red pixels.. help anyone!!

system specs:

Core2Quad 2.66 GHz
XFX9600gt 512mb
4gb 800MHz DDRII
ASUS p5qld pro
1TB seagate hdd
Cooler Master Elite

Solution
I got an XFX 9600GT 512MB as well and no problem at all playing Crysis 2 on a simple core2duo system. Unless your card is dying you should have no problems running the game as it runs perfectly smooth on mine.

This issue can be related to:

- Graphic card over-heating. Look for temperature with HWMonitor or eVGAprecision 2.0.3. Shall not exceed 85 degrees. When I do play Crysis 2, I put it's fan to the maximum, I also overclock the card from 650/1625/900 to 745/1862.5/1150 (core/shader/mem) AND the cpu/ram/fsb to the roof too. These are the maximum stable clocks I've been able to achieve. The card can reach up to 85 degrees centigrade and it doesn't have a single behavior.
- Beta Graphic driver or an old one. Try driver sweeper to...
This only on Crysis 2? Did you try different graphic settings, lower resolution, turning off some effects, etc...? Using latests drivers and patches to the game?

9600gt is a bit of a mis-matched card to your quad core CPU, you may want to look at an upgrade. It's a mid-range card from 2008, while it will run OK even on new games, you will do much getter with a newer card.

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
I got an XFX 9600GT 512MB as well and no problem at all playing Crysis 2 on a simple core2duo system. Unless your card is dying you should have no problems running the game as it runs perfectly smooth on mine.

This issue can be related to:

- Graphic card over-heating. Look for temperature with HWMonitor or eVGAprecision 2.0.3. Shall not exceed 85 degrees. When I do play Crysis 2, I put it's fan to the maximum, I also overclock the card from 650/1625/900 to 745/1862.5/1150 (core/shader/mem) AND the cpu/ram/fsb to the roof too. These are the maximum stable clocks I've been able to achieve. The card can reach up to 85 degrees centigrade and it doesn't have a single behavior.
- Beta Graphic driver or an old one. Try driver sweeper to uninstall every graphic drivers, reboot, install the latest WHQL driver from nvidia, reboot.
- Outdated DirectX. Update it to the latest version, reboot.
- Power supply failure. Use HWMonitor and look for voltages. They have to stick around their specification (1.95V on the +12V line shows the pus is dead).

Solution

aerio1167

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
have tried both, playing the game with the card overclocked and with stock frequencies... I dont have an HD monitor, so usually the res at which i play is 1024x768. and ofcourse my card will not be able to cope up once i go for a 40" Full HD Bravia that im planning to get...
i meddled with the brightness, Game settings, screen res.... but didnt work....!

however, rolling back drivers and reinstalling them is what imma do...

Status
Not open for further replies.