• CPUs
  • Intel
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
a c 162 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 30, 2011 1:39:19 AM

Hi readers.

We want to share with all of you this awesome article that compares the two big CPUs manufacturers, AMD and Intel. The article is a long way from the old days of the first AMD lines and Intel P III lines when AMD was the king of performance and lower prices, until today, when the things are totally different and Intel is far away from AMD.

The article was done by "Monstru" a famous professional overclocker, he did a great job in the article including tests and final conclusion that could explain the poor performance of AMD CPUs today.

Full article here

The article is written on Romanian, so, at least that you can read and understand Romanian I suggest you use Google translator that's doing a very good job.

Hope you enjoy it and if you want share your opinion do it in the best civilized way, don't attack another users, external people or use inappropriate words. Try to keep the thread as clean as possible.

More about : epic battles history cpu amd intel

December 30, 2011 2:03:38 AM

A very interesting article, but it is hard not to be a little sad about the conclusions drawn at the end, which I suspect are largely correct.
a c 162 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 30, 2011 5:38:05 PM

I agree with you Chad, is sad see those test and how the current FX can't bring again the old FX-55 times.
Related resources
a c 154 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 30, 2011 5:49:49 PM

Ah..how do you translate it?
a c 154 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 30, 2011 6:06:27 PM

O yea I forgot. I haven't used google translate since translating English to Italian for school.
a c 83 à CPUs
a b À AMD
December 30, 2011 8:04:27 PM

Wow...Bulldozer has lower IPC than the old K8 Athlon processors. I only looked at a few of those benchmarks, but for a single FX core to be slower than the old K8 FX is just sad. AMD really has gone to the mentality more slow cores = better performance, no wonder an I3 is better for gaming than anything AMD makes today.
!