Hello, I have just bought the parts for a new PC
Setup is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.0)
Intel Core i5 3570 - 3.4 GHz
Corsair Vengeance - 16 GB : 2 x 8 GB - DIMM 240-pins CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10
OCZ Agility 3 Series - Solid state drive - 120 GB
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - Harddisk - 1 TB - intern harddisk
BN090 PSU Be Quiet! 450W System P

I started assemblying it all. and it went good.

Untill I was ready to start the system.
Everytime I power the system on I get the one OK beep, EXACTLY 15 seconds later the PC reboots. I don't get anything on the screen (using the onboard HDMI or using the GFX card from my old PC - Radeon HD 5770

It follows this cycle:
Power on ----> 4,7 seconds ----> 1 short Beep ----> 15 seconds ---->Power off ---->5 seconds ----> Power on

The Cycle repeats itself indefinately.

After it did that I decidet to unplug all drives and disks. --->same problem.

I tried my current PSU 750W in the new rig with same results.

After that I decided to remove the MOBO from the case and try with only 1 ram stick in ----> same problem

I tried it with the ram stick in every slot. I tried it with the other ram stick in every slot. ----> same problem

I tried an overnight BIOS/CMOS reset no battery in for 18 hours. ----> Same problem.

I have run out of ideas?

Excuse for my bad english. I'm from Denmark

Best Hopes

Tussee

tussee

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Ye I found out yesterday.

I talked to my dealer, and he agreed on taking the z68 back if I buy a z77 instead.
IMO really stupid that they didn't change the socket so problems like this wouldn't happen.
I don't read hardware guides everyday, so there is no way I could have forseen this.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Don't feel too bad for yourself. You aren't the first person to fall victim to that problem. Your dealer should have known that before he sold you combo... if in fact you bought them both from him.