Sign in with
Your question

Drop Down Banner Ad

Last response: in Forum Feedback
August 7, 2009 5:39:46 PM

Does THG realize how EXTREMELY annoying it is to have a banner drop down add on every page that keeps covering up the top of the page and making you wait time and time and time and time again for it to close or you to click it? Does the advertiser, Gate.com, realize the ill will they are building when their same add keeps time after time after time after time interrupting my view of the page and forcing me to wait while I look unhappily time after time after time after time at their same add - the one I have already seen literally hundreds of times because it keeps repeating and repeating and repeating and repeating. This is not good name or brand recogniztion they are building. Now like Pavlov's dog was trained to salivate to the bell I have been conditioned to and will feel annoyance every time I see the name Gate.com.

Late Edit: I have my pop-up blocker turned on but it does not seem to stop this type of drop down add. And while the ad has an "+" to click to expand, it also expands automatically, apparently as soon as the page completes loading.

More about : drop banner

August 7, 2009 7:40:02 PM

I agree completely. It's magnified when I'm on my laptop with a 15" screen and using a touchpad.

It doesn't matter if it's Google ads or whatever. They can still send a complaint.
August 8, 2009 6:16:39 PM

That thing is stupid I agree.
I finally had to get into the tools on my browser and turn it off.
By the way I have been using a new browser that I REALLY LIKE.
Its much faster than IE and FF and has all sorts of options.
It can also use the bookmarks and favorites from both.
Here is a link if you want to have a look.
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

I am not spamming this and dont let the name fool you. Its pretty good.
I just figured that if they would force that type of stuff on us then we should be able to share how to make it go away>
August 13, 2009 12:45:05 PM

I have to agree with you. This AD is really annoying and keeps popping open when I'm trying to read something. I wish they would just remove it. Its really starting to piss me off.
!