I installed Windows 7 a couple weeks ago on an SSD and now that I have everything the way I want it, I tried to enable RAID 1 for a couple 2TB drives I just installed, only to find that it crashes before it gets into windows. Nothing shows in the event viewer, but it's pretty obvious the raid setting is causing the crash.
Is there a way to fix this without doing a full reload?
Here's something odd though, even though I had to reset stata mode to AHCI, the raid array I created with CTRL + i seems to still exist and only one 1.8 TB drive shows up in disk manager. to test this:
- I initilized it, formated, and and I copied some test data to it
- I enabled RAID mode in bios
- Went into config with CTRL + i and deleted the array, breaking the mirror
- reset bios sata mode to AHCI and went into windows
- Both drives had the same data