Disabling programs under the "All Programs" button

I'm using Windows XP Home and am setting up a limited account on my computer. I want this user to NOT have ANY access to program files on the computer. The only access will be to the internet explorer. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make the programs become non-accessible for this user and not affect the Administrator account? Any help will be appreciated.

There's a utility called, IEAK from microsoft,for IE,i believe it has that
capability.

"Phil Blende" wrote:

> I'm using Windows XP Home and am setting up a limited account on my computer. I want this user to NOT have ANY access to program files on the computer. The only access will be to the internet explorer. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can make the programs become non-accessible for this user and not affect the Administrator account? Any help will be appreciated.

kelly

Hi Phil,

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/148

Doug's Security Console

Restrict Users from Running Specific Applications
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#xp_restrict

Use Access Control to Restrict Who Can Use Files
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/security/accesscontrol.asp

--
All the Best,
Kelly