Intel Core i7-2600
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
ASUS ENGTX550 TI *2 SLI
Samsung DDR-3 1333Mhz 4G Ram *2
Hitachi 2TB SATA3 6Gb/s /64MB HDD
CORSAIR 850W 80Plus Gold
Lite-On iHOS104 Blu-ray BD-Rom SATA Drive
Windows 7 64 bit

my system constantly crash in the middle of 3D games, or 3DMark, sometimes with message "Display driver not responding blah blah blah...", and sometimes it totally hangs and I have to hard reboot the system.

I tried every single version of display driver from nvidia... from 266.71 to the latest 275.33...
I also tried to run on single 550Ti... updated the mobo BIOS to 0501 (which is the latest from ASUS)
but the problem persists....

I start to think it's not problem with my display card...can anyone tell me what else I could do to solve the problem??

Thanks in advance!

Terry
10 answers Last reply
More about display driver crash
  1. Did you uninstalled previous graphic drivers using driver sweeper, then reboot before installing another driver? You always have to do this. Give it a try, remove every Nvidia drivers, reboot then install the latest WHQL driver, reboot and with luck it will fine.

Driver Sweeper:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html

If it does not solve it, looks like a graphic card going straight to the thrash bin. (or RMA if it is new)
  2. MrBig55 said:
    Did you uninstalled previous graphic drivers using driver sweeper, then reboot before installing another driver? You always have to do this. Give it a try, remove every Nvidia drivers, reboot then install the latest WHQL driver, reboot and with luck it will fine.

Driver Sweeper:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-%28Setup%29_d1655.html

If it does not solve it, looks like a graphic card going straight to the thrash bin. (or RMA if it is new)

thanks for your advice, will try it tonight!
    :ouimaitre:
  3. If it works having only one graphic card, to use SLI you'll have to use driver sweeper AGAIN, reboot, install the latest driver, reboot then activate SLI in the driver for it to work in SLI mode.

Tell us if using driver sweeper did correct the problems.
  4. MrBig55 said:
    If it works having only one graphic card, to use SLI you'll have to use driver sweeper AGAIN, reboot, install the latest driver, reboot then activate SLI in the driver for it to work in SLI mode.

yes, will try updating the drivers first, if it still crashes,
    then i will try installing 1 display card a time to see if it's hardware problem of one of the display card (or in rare case, both)

will definitely update my result here :cry:
  5. updated driver to 275.33
    can run no prolem on single display card

crash when 2 display cards also plugged onto the mobo, even with SLI disabled
  6. MrBig55 said:
    If it works having only one graphic card, to use SLI you'll have to use driver sweeper AGAIN, reboot, install the latest driver, reboot then activate SLI in the driver for it to work in SLI mode.

Cobblers! I've never had to do that so it's not something you have to do.
    @OP, are you running the Asus AI Suite?
  7. no, i havent had that installed on my system
  8. Assuming that your W7 install is fully updated the fact that the crashes occur when the second card is added suggests a PSU/power problem. How did you update your BIOS by the way?
  9. Mousemonkey said:
    Assuming that your W7 install is fully updated the fact that the crashes occur when the second card is added suggests a PSU/power problem. How did you update your BIOS by the way?

I had the same thought at the first place and changed from 650W 80plus bronze to a 850W 80plus Gold ....should be more than enough for my system

hmm, for the bios, i updated it by booting into the uefi interface and there is a option "updating your asus mobo bios" and i choose the correct .rom file...it will auto update by itself
  10. deaddoghkg said:
    I had the same thought at the first place and changed from 650W 80plus bronze to a 850W 80plus Gold ....should be more than enough for my system

hmm, for the bios, i updated it by booting into the uefi interface and there is a option "updating your asus mobo bios" and i choose the correct .rom file...it will auto update by itself

My Asus board refuses to find the .rom file that way so I had to use the software patching method which meant installing 'AI Suite' which is where my problems began.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Graphics Displays