Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Fraps Recording lag on a good computer

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2011 3:51:25 AM

All computer specs are listed below, im wondering why Im getting lag even on my good computer. What is limiting me? I use fraps and basically im wondering about MW2. I get about 90 FPS everything max 1080p and ive tried almost all different settings on fraps. What am I doing wrong? im assuming its not my graphics card, do i need another HD? The FPS counter shows like is able to generally stay at the recording fps but it still feels laggy even at 45-60 fps. Thanks for the help

Best solution

July 29, 2011 4:07:03 AM

I use FRAPS on a similarly spec'd PC and employ a second HDD for the recorded files to write to. If I try to write to the same HDD where my OS lives, I get the same problem you are having. Short answer = a 2nd HDD is necessary for smooth FRAPS performance.
a c 169 U Graphics card
July 29, 2011 10:45:32 AM

good call. HDD's are dirt cheap too.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2011 1:08:51 PM

Ok, so if i just got say another 250 gb hd could I raid 0 it with my current 1tb to increase performance on both and record to the smaller one or would the raid not work like that?
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2011 9:53:15 PM

Best answer selected by bdizzle11.
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2011 9:53:47 PM

Thanks, i just got another 320gb hard drive and now i can record at a perfect 60fps the whole time. Awesome
!