Solved

Fraps Recording lag on a good computer

All computer specs are listed below, im wondering why Im getting lag even on my good computer. What is limiting me? I use fraps and basically im wondering about MW2. I get about 90 FPS everything max 1080p and ive tried almost all different settings on fraps. What am I doing wrong? im assuming its not my graphics card, do i need another HD? The FPS counter shows like is able to generally stay at the recording fps but it still feels laggy even at 45-60 fps. Thanks for the help
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fraps recording good computer
  1. Best answer
    I use FRAPS on a similarly spec'd PC and employ a second HDD for the recorded files to write to. If I try to write to the same HDD where my OS lives, I get the same problem you are having. Short answer = a 2nd HDD is necessary for smooth FRAPS performance.
  2. good call. HDD's are dirt cheap too.
  3. Ok, so if i just got say another 250 gb hd could I raid 0 it with my current 1tb to increase performance on both and record to the smaller one or would the raid not work like that?
  4. Best answer selected by bdizzle11.
  5. Thanks, i just got another 320gb hard drive and now i can record at a perfect 60fps the whole time. Awesome
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Lag FPS Graphics