Building a computer In Newzeland

siraab

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
hello,
Im new to this computer building thing, i would say im a newbie, but i have done some research on this stuff for around 2 - 3 weeks.
So i live in new zealand (near australia) and new egg doent ship internationally so i need to buy from like amazon (or suggest a site)

can someone like my to a rig that costs around $1000-$800 usd.
I wil use this for gaming and photoshop.
I want and ssd drive for the os and gtx 560 ti for the gpu. atleast.
Thanks for your help.

Gamer-girl

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
There are online computer stores in NZ that you could get parts from, why do you need a international site?

I know the prices are higher but if you factor in tax and shipping it is about the same (you have to pay GST on any imports over $400 NZD).

The only part I would recommend buying from U.S. is a graphics card and maybe the SSD. Graphics card prices go down really fast and the NZ stores are slow to lower their prices.

The benefit of buying from NZ is being able to exchange/return damaged items easier. You might be unlucky and get a DOA (Damaged on arrival) part and then have to pay return international shipping.

Does your budget include a monitor a peripherals?

qin02

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

its a running joke, between aussies and kiwis. Just like the wallabies will thrump the all blacks this year.

qin02

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
There are a few australian sites you may which to look at, the import tax for NZ is bloody ridiculous, if it is only $400.

www.msy.com.au
www.eyo.com.au

If you still wish to explore the newegg option, then you should look into obtaining an account with a parcel forwarding service, there are a few around.

www.macsales.com aka. 'other world computing' also sells parts on the cheap for PC from the states.

Sorry mate, I couldn't help myself when I saw the headline in the forum.

with the budget, and with the requirement to play both games as well as colour rendering, you may look into a amd multicore processor, as it is more bang for the buck. That is I am suggesting, you need core # over clock speed.