Sign in with
Your question

Can someone Help me with my problem?

Last response: in Components
December 30, 2011 12:45:41 PM

Hi i don't know if this is the right place to post my problem but its probably the best place to start.

Before i get started ill just post my spec's:
CPU: AMD FX-6 6100 Black Edition 6 Core 3.3Ghz
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L/USB3
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gig 1600Mhz
PSU: Corsair TX 850Watt
GPU: EVGA GTX 550 TI
HDD: WD Blue 500Gigabyte

So basically i have built this PC over the year 2011 and i use it for gaming but the problem i am facing is every game seem to Freeze and then instantly unfreeze and it is doing this in every game and it is coming to be quite and annoyance.

If it helps it helps the games i play are :

Battlefield 3
Call Of Duty MW2
Left 4 Dead 2
Killing Floor

I have tried to look every that might fix my problem i have even RMA my old card (5770 Sapphire) because it was having the same treatment. If anyone can help me please do

Michael Ryle

More about : problem

December 30, 2011 1:10:26 PM

Have you tried newer or older drivers for the Graphics card?

Do you have an excessive amount of proceses running on your machine? there could be other things at play here causing this.

Does this only happen when your in a 3D game?
December 30, 2011 1:15:46 PM

Thanks for the fast replay, Yes i am update with everything latest Nvidia update, Latest Bios Update and yes this dose only happen in 3D games

To be honest i just upgraded from a phenom x4 965 3.4Ghz to the AMD FX6100 and the 8 gig vengeance ram.... today because i thought the problem lied there but obivously not.

Oh and for the processes no because i just re installed a fresh copy of windows and problem still persists.

Related resources
December 30, 2011 1:22:42 PM

Nvidia update? erm, Sapphire 5770 is an ATI card, not sure if you made a typo there mate or not
Have you ran memtest on the ram at all?
Moto
December 30, 2011 1:23:48 PM

During the lag, is your hard drive light on? You may have a problem with your swap file.
How are your temps?

Edit: Moto, he RMA'd the HD5770 for the GTX550Ti he has now. Having the same issue with both (entirely different) GPUs suggests to me that it isn't a driver problem.
December 30, 2011 1:23:58 PM

No i have a 550 Ti by Nvidia now in my rig but i "DID" have a 5770 by sapphire it had the same problems im having now sorry for confusion.
December 30, 2011 1:27:19 PM

My temperatures seem pretty decent from what i have read on other forums

According to GPU z my max temperature is 70*c whilst gaming and idle it is around 30*c.

My CPU never peaks above 50*c according to core temp, and for the HDD light on i dont know.
December 30, 2011 1:34:35 PM

Aah, my bad man, sorry for the confusion myself :) 
I'd still test the ram and make sure the timings are set correctly though
Moto
December 30, 2011 1:35:06 PM

70C for the GPU and 50C for the CPU are fine, and would not cause throttling. Check for drive activity. The WD "Blue" series isn't as fast as their "Black" drives, but shouldn't lag during play. Eight GB of system RAM is also plenty.
December 30, 2011 1:36:55 PM

OK would you know of any programmes that would help me record my drive activity?

Oh and forgot to say i just bought this 8 gig of ram also today and its still doing the same thing also i did run Memtest on my old 1333mhz ram and that came back with 0 errors.
December 30, 2011 2:48:12 PM

I would just like to add i am noticing at the time of the lag that the GPU load is spiking down by about 30%, So if im on 50% load the time of the "lag" it will spike down to 20% if that makes any sense .
!