Static and whining sound

Hey,

So I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 and I have it plugged into a guitar amp and I noticed that whenever I boot the computer I can hear a static sound coming from the audio ports (both onboard and the ones on the case that are hooked up to the motherboard). I can hear that static sound while my computer's on. I hooked up my amp to my roommate's computer and I hear nothing of the sort.

Whenever I try running a game, I can hear a really bad whining sound which is extremely bad when I plug it into the amp. Here's a youtube video of it:

It's still being processed but here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sTP-YFsp80

So I'm pretty sure it's my motherboard because it's a static sound I hear even right now while I'm typing this post up. I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Thanks,

Mark
2 answers Last reply
More about static whining sound
  1. Guitar amps are designed to take signals from guitars which have different output signals than your PC does. The gain on your PC is probably much higher (or lower, I can't remember which). I would get a set of powered speakers designed for computer use (or a stereo amplifier/receiver with passive speakers).
  2. i only used the guitar amp to make it so that my phone can pick up the sound i plugged the amp into my friend's desktop (literally like 3 feet away from my own computer) and did not get any static what so ever
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Computer