IDE Config. for 3rd Device

July 23, 2004 11:17:07 PM

My PC: WinXP 2.2GHz P4 with PCI's (no AGP's)
Problem: I want to install/connect three(3) hard drives,
a CD-ROM drive, and a CD-RW drive into my computer, but
only have the Primary and Secondary IDE's by-which to
connect them. Is it possible to connect three(3) devices
to a single IDE. If not, is there ANY other way to
utilize the third hard drive within the same tower

More about : ide config 3rd device

July 24, 2004 12:44:51 AM

Using the two IDE connections on the motherboard only allows you to connect
four IDE devices, period.

Two add more you will have to buy a separate PCI controller card. Some cards
have SATA and IDE, some multiple IDE. For a selection go to www.promise.com

"JustAnAzGlassTech" <suresetglass@msn.com> wrote in message
> My PC: WinXP 2.2GHz P4 with PCI's (no AGP's)
> Problem: I want to install/connect three(3) hard drives,
> a CD-ROM drive, and a CD-RW drive into my computer, but
> only have the Primary and Secondary IDE's by-which to
> connect them. Is it possible to connect three(3) devices
> to a single IDE. If not, is there ANY other way to
> utilize the third hard drive within the same tower
July 25, 2004 11:22:41 AM

When I wanted to do this, I bought a USB adapter for a
HD - works fine.

July 26, 2004 8:35:03 AM

"Karl"- Thank you so very much. I appreciate your input!
"J.A.A.G.T."

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 8:36:45 AM

"Jerry"- Thank you so very much. I appreciate your input!
"J.A.A.G.T."

!