IDE Config. for 3rd Device

My PC: WinXP 2.2GHz P4 with PCI's (no AGP's)
Problem: I want to install/connect three(3) hard drives,
a CD-ROM drive, and a CD-RW drive into my computer, but
only have the Primary and Secondary IDE's by-which to
connect them. Is it possible to connect three(3) devices
to a single IDE. If not, is there ANY other way to
utilize the third hard drive within the same tower
4 answers Last reply
More about config device

    Using the two IDE connections on the motherboard only allows you to connect
    four IDE devices, period.

    Two add more you will have to buy a separate PCI controller card. Some cards
    have SATA and IDE, some multiple IDE. For a selection go to www.promise.com

    "JustAnAzGlassTech" <suresetglass@msn.com> wrote in message
    > My PC: WinXP 2.2GHz P4 with PCI's (no AGP's)
    > Problem: I want to install/connect three(3) hard drives,
    > a CD-ROM drive, and a CD-RW drive into my computer, but
    > only have the Primary and Secondary IDE's by-which to
    > connect them. Is it possible to connect three(3) devices
    > to a single IDE. If not, is there ANY other way to
    > utilize the third hard drive within the same tower

    When I wanted to do this, I bought a USB adapter for a
    HD - works fine.

    "Karl"- Thank you so very much. I appreciate your input!
    "J.A.A.G.T."

    "Jerry"- Thank you so very much. I appreciate your input!
    "J.A.A.G.T."

Configuration Connection Hard Drives Windows XP