Upgrading/Adding SSD

l0ngev1ty

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hello, I just purchased an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD for my PC. A 1TB Hitachi HDD has all my data on it. My question is, since I'm only using the new SSD for the operating system(Windows 7 Ultimate) and games, do i just install the operating system and the games i want then make it the primary boot disk? Should and how would i convert my old HDD to just a storage disk? I'm pretty sure I don't need Windows 7 on both drives, how do I uninstall it on the HDD?

Solution
I clone my old drive if possible to the ssd so I have a spare drive.You won't need the space. If you install windows 7 only on the ssd, disable hibernation and the security protection (creates restore points) features for more space.
I clone my old drive if possible to the ssd so I have a spare drive.You won't need the space. If you install windows 7 only on the ssd, disable hibernation and the security protection (creates restore points) features for more space.

Solution

cbrunnem

Distinguished

Do not clone a hdd to a ssd. You are asking for trouble. Install windows on the ssd and have the old hhdd in your system so when you need files they are there.

l0ngev1ty

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

yeah i actually did some followup research on that and i ended up doing a clean install on the ssd. thanks for the input cb :)