High Budget IBUYPOWER System

Le Reveur

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Hi, I'm new to Tom's Hardware
I'm a primary console gamer, who has been fascinated by pc gaming for quite some time. I have no experience building computers. I've saved a lot of money, and now have around a 4000$ budget. Since I'm scared that I'll fry my investment, I planned to do a custom build done by iBUYPOWER. Basically what I'm asking is for some advice on a build from their site that'll maximize my gaming settings on the newest games(BF3, ARKHAM CITY, ETC), and hopefully not have to upgrade for a couple of years. I'm definitely a PC gaming noob, so please if all my specs seem overpowered, or overkill, please advise on a smarter, but still very effective configuration.
iBUYPOWER is basically a website that builds custom computers, and you choose your parts etc.
Here is what I plan to order from them.

CASE: CoolerMaster Silencio 550 Gaming Case Black

PROCESSOR: Intel® Core™ i7 990X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.46GHz/12MB L3 Cache)

COOLING SYSTEM: Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel)/ ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)

RAM: 12 GB [2 GB X6] DDR3-1600(CORSAIR OR MAJOR BRAND)

GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 - 3GB

MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth X58
USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gb/s RAID **iBUYPOWER Recommended**

POWER: 1000 Watt -- CoolerMaster RSA00-AMBAJ3-US

PRIMARY HARD DRIVE: 120 GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD
Read: 555MB/s ; Write: 515MB/s

DATA DRIVE: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s

COST 3026$

BUDGET 4000$

I plan to play on
-Max settings on current and future games
-1080p display
-Windows 64 bit premium

My biggest concerns are

-Is my cooling sufficient enough to keep system cool for long gameplay.
-I chose the most powerful graphics card, it better to combine two lesser ones in SLI/CROSSFIRE(I have no idea what this is btw)
-I chose the most powerful processor, is it necessary lol?
-I want a minimalist case. No fancy lighting, I just want it to look plain and be able to house my system
-Can this build do max settings on the newest games for years to come. I understand technology is advancing rapidly, but I don't have the know-how to upgrade components safely.

That is all I can think of. Please advise, and again, I'm a PC noob, I have read many forums, but don't want to risk building my own rig. I have a basic understanding on the importance of cooling. I kind of understand solid state drives. I've never looked at the guts on any pc rig, so I wouldn't know where goes where. If you can list anything to improve my rig, please, this is a costly investment.
Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

With that kind of budget and not wanting to build your own, I would recommend going with one of the better custom computer boutiques... like Velocity Micro. Before I began building my own machines, I had a VM and it was extremely well assembled. And they only use retail parts; just like you would buy yourself. Built in the U.S. with REAL customer support.
http://www.velocitymicro.com/

At any rate, your selection is capable of playing any modern game today at max settings and with all the eye candy turned on. You could go with less and still game at 1920x1080. But it's always best to plan for the future if you can afford it.