tkread

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
I have just purchaced a new mobo ( ASROCK N68C-S-UCC ) with new processor ( 218212 AMD Sempron 145 2.8Ghz ) with 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz of RAM.I have connected everything in the case as it should be but when I turn the computer on the mobo powers up ( CPU Fan runs, Hard drive seems to get power ) but monitor receives no signal so I cant get to the bios.I am using a 300W power supply. Can anybody suggest what I am doing wrong please.

rvilkman

Distinguished
The first thing that comes to mind is have you also connected the 4 pin CPU power connector?

If you have the next thing that comes to mind is that does the board have P1.20 bios.
Asrock page for the mobo.
So you 'might' need a different CPU to flash the bios to a later version if it's not new enough.

The psu 'should' have enough juice for it so I doubt that is the issue.

tkread

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

The mobo came with Processor and ram fitted and tested so I assume the bios version should be the right one.

ivansego

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
The first thing I thought of was the 4pin power into your motherboard usually between your CPU Heatsink and Backports.

or if you are using a dedicated graphics card check you don't have to put a 6pin PCI-E Power cable into it.

other than that, you'll have to take it back to your supplier and if that's not a option try using a different monitor and if THAT doesn't work, you may need to buy an dedicated graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS