AMD HD 6950 Editions Help

roque

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
i am constantly changing my mind regarding graphic cards setup....i think 6950 cf would be better than 560 ti sli....finally going with 6950....please help with the editions?????need a card that has maximum crossfire performance.....

1. MSI Twin Frozr III power edition
2. ASUS HD 6950 2GB directcu II
3. Sapphire HD 6950 2GB
4. Powercolor HD 6950 2 GB

Of those choices, I like 1) the most. While the directcu II is great, it takes up 3 slots and if you go CF, that usually takes away any breathing room between the cards counteracting any benefit gained from the enormous cooler. The MSI Twin Frozr III also has a great Bios you can flash that has a chance to unlock your shaders, and more importantly, removes the overclocking limits making it the easier to Overclock of the bunch.

The instructions and bios for the MSI card is here: http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/msi_r6950_twin_froz_iii_power_edition_unlocking,1.html

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011

While it might have better cooling, it is also a hell of alot louder.

I have had both, the msi would idle about 37c and the asus around 41c but it was night and day the difference in sound. Almost like the msi had to work really hard to keep temps down that low, while the asus was just chillin, minding its own business, still keeping things very cool.