Sign in with
Your question

How to use clear video technology

Last response: in Motherboards
October 19, 2012 6:25:41 PM

i have intel dh67cl motherboard .I read that its got intel Clear Video Technology .what is this thing and how do i use it?I'm using vlc media player to watch normal res and hd movies.

More about : clear video technology

a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2012 7:04:38 PM

Only installing graphic driver will enable clear video tech. Its a passive benefit.
m
l
October 20, 2012 3:07:29 PM

mubin said:
Only installing graphic driver will enable clear video tech. Its a passive benefit.

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
I have installed the drivers from the cd that came with the motherbord .Is VLC media player capable of taking advantage of this technology or should i use power dvd or something else?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2012 8:58:01 PM

Yes, VLC is capable. Its not about media player. Intel Clear Video is a hardware feature designed to offload video decoding processes and video post-processing from a computer's CPU hardware to Intel's GMA integrated graphics processors.

As you install driver, its working already for you.
m
l
October 21, 2012 10:45:58 AM

mubin said:
Yes, VLC is capable. Its not about media player. Intel Clear Video is a hardware feature designed to offload video decoding processes and video post-processing from a computer's CPU hardware to Intel's GMA integrated graphics processors.

mubin said:

tht all i wanted to know.

By the way my pc is connected to my led tv via hdmi and the onkyo amp is connected to my tv via optical out (spdif for sound).
do i need to connect the pc directly to the amp with optical wire or is the current setup good for dts sound from amp?

i'm not getting dts from the amp it only shows mono sound
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 21, 2012 8:04:17 PM

Try to configure surround sound via driver. If not working then connect directly to mobo sound port and configure it.
m
l
October 22, 2012 6:45:10 AM

mubin said:
Try to configure surround sound via driver. If not working then connect directly to mobo sound port and configure it.

what settings should i use .i'm getting only mono sound on my amp
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 22, 2012 8:32:28 AM

Surround sound like 5.1 from audio driver.
m
l
!