Sign in with
Your question

Intel g33/g31 express chipset family

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 29, 2011 11:55:02 PM

Ahoy! Just bought a game (Civ V) and it won't play. My crummy Dell has intel g33/g31 express chipset family for graphics and I suspect the game requires something more appropriate. I'm PC hardware literate, but just barely. I'm student and a father, so $ is important. What should I upgrade to and can I install it myself (I have upgraded memory in the past-but that is the depth of my ability)?

Any advice is appreciated.
a b U Graphics card
July 30, 2011 1:53:52 AM

Yes, you can install it yourself if you have put ram in it's pretty much the same proccess just with a screw to secure it after you stick it in the slot.

What is the model of your crummy dell? Is it low profile or full size, and what are the ratings from the sticker on the power supply? And how much do you want to spend?

m
l
July 30, 2011 10:15:16 PM

Inspiron, not low profile. By ratings from the sticker on power supply, do you mean 10A and 125V?

I haven't a clue what these items cost. I'm not a gamer, except for Civ (hopeless addict), and don't get off on amazing visual experience, so I believe I'll be shopping toward goodwill pricing. Is under $100 reasonable?

Thank you for your consideration.
m
l
Related resources
July 30, 2011 10:19:53 PM

PSU? I'm sorry I don't know that one...Power Supply Unit?

Is the extended warranty a good idea? As far as specs go, what are the key things I'm looking for?

Thank you so very very much.
m
l
August 1, 2011 2:59:05 PM

Extra Duper! Thank you.
m
l
!