Just Finished A Build, Couple Questions

TMF89

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Got her up and running beautifully, copying over my data and installing programs now. Oh and I'm downloading my copy of Arkham Asylum I got from Steam for buying that Asus GTX 570. 8% done and it's only been half an hour!! Kinda reminds me why I prefer hard copies lol.

Do have a question though. In order to get Windows 7 to install I had to take out the old hard drive with Vista on it. I got the second drive from an old desktop we've had laying around, so that's why Vista is on it. How can I wipe Vista off that drive/how can I use that drive? lol

Also, 2x120mm or 1x200mm case fan? My case has the option for those on the side, and I'm wondering what you guys recommend. And how do I power those? My mobo only has 3 case fan connectors, and I already have three fans.

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
In the bios there should be a place to select boot priority. Reconnect the Vista drive and ensure that it's a lower priority than the Win 7 drive.

After that it's just a matter of formatting it via windows.

You can also get a fan controller that will allow you to add extra fans to a system if you feel it's needed.