Asus h67m pro without bios screen after failed bios update

jiewmeng

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
i was doing a bios update, with the es flash utility via bios. and all seems well and then they asked for a reset. wheni clicked ok it hung for some time ... then i did a manual reset via power button ... since it seem to have hung already ... and i do not get any bios screen anymore (nothing on LCD at all) ... how can i recover from this?

------

Update: it might be my mistake of flashing a wrong BIOS ... might be ... I think my BIOS is H67M but I downloaded the H67M-PRO (so PRO) version BIOS. Shouldn't it tell me the MB model is wrong tho? Either way, is it possible to recover?

jiewmeng

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

Is it something like

There is CMOS Jumper :
1.) Turn OFF the computer and unplug the power cord.
2.) Move the jumper cap from pins 1-2 ( default ) to pins 2-3. Keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5-10 seconds, then move the cap back to pins 1-2.

3.) Plug in the power cord and turn ON the computer.
4.) Hold down the < Del > key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

From http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=P8Z68-V%20PRO&s=39&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1723?

I already tried, that can try it again later... am curious tho ... if the computer has no power, does moving jumper cap do anything? Btw, before or after I tried that clear CMOS jumper thingy, I see nothing on my LCD when I start my computer. Fans are spinning tho (HDD too I think, theres some sound)

Do I also need to do

There is a CMOS switch on the back I/O of the motherboard.
1.) Press down the “clr CMOS” switch on the back I/O.
2.) Hold down the < Del > key during the boot process and enter BIOS setup to re-enter data.

By back IO, I think it means the one with all the USB ports etc? Or must I remove the whole motherboard to access its back?

Btw, just read some articles, and CMOS clear seem to be for clearing settings, I think what I seem to need might be to revert the BIOS? Afterall this only happened after I tried flashing BIOS?

TRENDING THREADS