Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New build problem

Last response: in Systems
September 29, 2011 10:26:01 PM

Just built my 2nd pc a little over 1 month ago, everything been working great but now I am experiencing a odd problem has happened twice once last week when I tried playing WoW, then today just by clicking on a video file display goes dark, so far by restarting pc it fixes the problem what could be causing this? If it's the video card have had it replaced already because previous one died.

System
Case HAF X
Memory F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL
M/B GA-Z68XP-UD3P
i5-2500k
Corsair CMPSU-750HX
Evga GTX 470

More about : build problem

September 29, 2011 10:51:33 PM

So you were playing WoW and the screen went black? And you opened a video file and the screen went black?

What do you mean by go black? Was the monitor getting a signal still, or was there a message saying no signal?

Did you try to Ctrl-alt-del at that point?
m
l
September 29, 2011 10:57:04 PM

Proximon said:
So you were playing WoW and the screen went black? And you opened a video file and the screen went black?

What do you mean by go black? Was the monitor getting a signal still, or was there a message saying no signal?

Did you try to Ctrl-alt-del at that point?

Yea it was still getting a signal, nope didn't think of trying to Ctrl-alt-del.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

September 29, 2011 11:12:33 PM

Have you connected power to both power connections on the video card? I'm guessing yes since this is a fairly rare problem.

Remove the RAM from channel 2 and just run with 8GB for a while, see if that helps. If so swap out the RAM for the other pair and see if that also runs stably.

The first step is always to try to produce the issue on demand.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

There's some resources.

CPU-Z
Prime95
HWMonitor
memtest86+
Furmark

That's a good list of things you'll need to sort it out. If you can reproduce the crash with Furmark for instance, you have a starting point.

October 7, 2011 10:45:20 AM

Best answer selected by Bi0hAzArD.
m
l
!