Please take a look at 1500~ gaming pc and critique

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Cooling Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset
Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+186] (EVGA Superclocked)
Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+342] (EVGA Superclocked)
Power Supply : 850 Watts - Raidmax RX-850AE 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Tough question, but do you think 570 sli will be blown out of the water by southern islands or kepler ? I'd like to max bf3/future games at 1080p? Any heat issues you guys think might happen ? AMD CF better option ?

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about please 1500 gaming critique
  1. That is a nice build , if you go with the 570's you should be good for a couple years anyway. It takes the game develpoers a while to make games that will overload what is out there on the high end today.
    There is one thing to consider to go with your build and that is a SSD. Since you have a MB that has the Smart Cache feature , if you got a 120gb SSD then you could make two partitions , one at 20gb for the cache and the rest for your OS and then you would use your hdd for everything else.
  2. Dont get sc 570 from evga the clock speeds are 20 mhz higher lol.
  3. And also for beat sli config go for ab with a nf200 (I think that's what it is called) chip for dual x16 cards and less micro shuttering, one phone can't provide links but 1 is a asrock extreme 7 gen 3.
  4. siege_templar said:
    Dont get sc 570 from evga the clock speeds are 20 mhz higher lol.

It is the same price so might as well.
  5. I'd switch the cooling fan for a Hyper 212+ to be quite honest with you.

Also, I'd recommend the Corsair TX750 power supply over the Raidmax one. It's cheaper and will deliver the same performance (if not the same, better).
  6. Do you guys think a single nvidia 680 or amd 7950/70 will smoke a 570 sli or 580 sli ?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Graphics Cards Systems Product