I'm currently building a dedicated Gaming Rig optimized for Starcraft 2 and my budget is around $1000. I prefer to keep it under $1000 but it can go up to maximum of $1500 and doesn't matter how long my Gaming PC lasts if it's worth the money in the long run.
I'm going to use a single monitor in 1920x1080 resolution. And I'm going to play Sc2, DotA 2 and HoN majority of the time. I will also try out other games like LoL, Skyrim, Dragon Age II, GW 2, Tera, WoW and Diablo III.
I'm trying to buy everything from this site: www.pccasegear.com because they are the cheapest online store in Australia.
So few questions:
1. Do you agree with this setup been cost effective? Or do you have suggestions for better components?
2. Should I go with 560Ti or HD 6950? I know 560Ti will work better on Blizzard games but I don't think I'll get bottleneck anyway so if HD 6950 is better overall I probably should go for that.
3. If I should go with 560Ti can you choose the best value one from here? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...
4. If I should go with HD 6950 can you choose the best value one from here? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPa...
5. I'm still unsure about the RAM. I listed the RAM is the best one with price-to-value raio from PCCG below, which RAM should I go with that gives the most performance and is worth the money?
1.) G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x4GB) DDR3 (1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.5v) $79
2.) G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH (2x4GB) DDR3 (1333MHz 7-7-7-21 1.5v) $72
3.) G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 (1600MHz 9-9-9-24-2N 1.5v) $65
4.) G.Skill F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (2x4GB) DDR3 (1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1.5v) $55
5.) G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3 (1333MHz 9-9-9-24N 1.5v) $59
- I'm getting 2500K instead of 2400 because Starcraft 2 is a very CPU intensive game and I want to have 60FPS minimum all the time.
- I'm thinking of getting 560Ti instead of HD6950 since I heard that Blizzard games performs much better on NVIDIA Graphics card.
- I'm getting 8GB RAM since 4GB isn't much cheaper.
- this Gaming Rig will only be used for gaming.
- I'm trying to get the most FPS in Starcraft 2 since it's a very CPU intensive game and I don't want to go below 60FPS.
I agree with Nim Chimpsky, also since it's only $14 more for the ram you posted as number 1.) G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM (2x4GB) DDR3 (1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.5v) $79
I would buy that one, but overall it's only a small difference. What's different between this and the one you selected is that it's Cas8 versus Cas9 on the other one.
Also get a cpu cooler, because you will want to overclock the 2500k since it's so easy...
I decided to buy the option #4 RAM since:
1.) I'm never intending to buy windowed Case(no point buying pretty RAM if I'm not going to look at it).
2.) It will be easier to find matching RAM that's without heat spreader than with heat spreader in the future.
3.) It won't block large heatsinks.
I also changed to Antec 300 since:
1.) My setup doesn't need good air-cooling.
2.) Exterior looks better than CM 690 II adv.
3.) It's cheaper.
4.) I'm not going to SLI in the future.
Also, since I won't be bottlenecked by Starcraft 2 because it's not a GPU intensive game, which GPU is better value overall for the type of games I'm going to play? HD 6950 or 560Ti?
I'm going to use a single monitor in 1920x1080 resolution. It's going to be used for playing Sc2, DotA 2 and HoN majority of the time. I will also try out other games like LoL, Skyrim, Dragon Age II, GW 2, Tera, WoW and Diablo III.
So should I get a HD 6950 or 560Ti?
If it's 560Ti, could someone suggest me the best value 560Ti from here?
If it's HD 6950, could someone suggest me the best value HD 6950 from here?