Objects can only be seen when closer in crysis 2

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
i ran a crysus 2 game in a 1gb4670hd .dual core 3ghz,4b ram..when i play the i cant see some of the objects when im far..but when i move closer i could see the objects appearing suddenly..whats the reason.im playing at 720p res with med details..

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

you are getting a lot of pop in because you have set your object detail to gamer/high settings.Have you applied all 4 patches to the game.They improved performance for me on my gtx 275 for extreme settings.How much fps you consider playable in the game?Based on that I will give you the recommended settings for the game to reduce pop in :)

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
Well,first reduce shaders quality to low settings.Theres no difference between low and ultra in shaders quality except for SSDO(Screen space directional oclussion) which is very taxing on the system.Next increase object detail to extreme and if that takes up too much performance then lower it to very high.If you have performance to spare increase post processing to Extreme,AS THIS SETTING will give you near max image quality so try and keep it on extreme and reduce all the others to low.
If you are into advanced tweaking of crysis 2 like I am,then this tweak guide should help you get the performance and Image quality balance.
http://segmentnext.com/2011/03/24/crysis-2-tweak-guide-graphics-and-performance/

Remember to keep every setting on low settings (high settings in game) BUT object detail on extreme,and if you have the performance to spare turn post processing to extreme.