Temperature sensor in my NZXT Case

normhing

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
I recently had to replace my power supply in my computer and while moving and turning the case to get better access to my PSU, I inadvertently loosened the cpu temperature sensor. I don't remember exactly where it was connected on my ASUS and AMD system. Can someone help me? Norm

normhing

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
No, I don't have the manual for the NZXT case because the computer was built by a company that is out of business now. Do you know about where most people would attach the heat sensor probe, It looks like the tip of a soldering iron with plastic around it and it is connected to a window on the front of the case......thanks for your interest Norm

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sure, but not likely as it wouldn't produce an accurate CPU temp (it would measure the temp of the heatsink). That will work, however.

The real temp you need to monitor is the one reported by the CPU anyway. Use HWMonitor (just google it) and it will provide an accurate measure. Your probe can then be used for a more general reading.

normhing

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

Thanks loads for your help....Norm

vin_g

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I had issues with a new ITX mobo and when i was doing my stress-testing had incorrect readings on CPUTIN & Assembly, both of which were fine but showed temos that should have melted the unit....... go figure.